What are you wearing today (2020-2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I'm particularly a Harry Potter fan - but appropriate for a moderator, I thought.

A houserobe at the moment.

My husband is thrilled that I am going to get dressed today! I have to go pickup groceries for one, and then I am cooking Valentine's dinner (lamb chops) so I will dress elegantly, and then will slip into something comfortable and visually appealing (not sweatpants) after.

I take lots of calls during the workday so now in the winter I would wear a blouse/hoodie (I HATE hoodies!) and pajama trousers since I'm not leaving the house most days. But I felt lazy, unproductive and miserable and realized my choice of clothing was part of the issue. So now I get fully dressed, although I don't wear my nice clothes or perfume, and it helps me get in work mode so much better.

A friend of mine gets fully dressed, styles her hair (she uses a hair iron to straighten her hair) and puts on make up (foundation, mascara, red lipstick) everyday and she stays home all day every single day!!!

A friend of mine gets fully dressed, styles her hair (she uses a hair iron to straighten her hair) and puts on make up (foundation, mascara, red lipstick) everyday and she stays home all day every single day!!!
That's pretty close to me (minus the makeup). It's important that I stay in a routine, not so much to get in the mood for work, but just because I like routine.

That's pretty close to me (minus the makeup). It's important that I stay in a routine, not so much to get in the mood for work, but just because I like routine.
Yes, routine, says the man who never skips breakfast.

No routine for me, from a woman who sometimes eats pizza or soup for breakfast somewhere between noon and 2 p.m.

The makeup might be amusing to Mrs. T, LOL.

A couple days ago I was reading an interview with a psychiatrist who said the brain lives from routines and you need to keep those even during a pandemic, regardless of you're employed or not. In our normal lives we have routines, and not keeping them makes the brain lazy and depressed.

A couple days ago I was reading an interview with a psychiatrist who said the brain lives from routines and you need to keep those even during a pandemic, regardless of you're employed or not. In our normal lives we have routines, and not keeping them makes the brain lazy and depressed.
I've been out of work twice in the last nearly 20 years, and I was adamant to keep a normal routine then. It keeps the sanity going.

I think that's true for the majority of people. However, I have never had a "real" routine in my life as an adult. I started my first business when I was in my early 20s and have almost always been self-employed or a subcontractor with no set schedule. I am older and pretty much retired now, but I still follow the same "lack of routine" routine that I did before. Thankfully I feel fine and I still have my hobbies and stay motivated and interested in side projects around the house. But I agree that for people who are used to having a routine, it would be very important to stick to a schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom