What are you wearing today (2020-2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's true for the majority of people. However, I have never had a "real" routine in my life as an adult. I started my first business when I was in my early 20s and have almost always been self-employed or a subcontractor with no set schedule. I am older and pretty much retired now, but I still follow the same "lack of routine" routine that I did before. Thankfully I feel fine and I still have my hobbies and stay motivated and interested in side projects around the house. But I agree that for people who are used to having a routine, it would be very important to stick to a schedule.

I'm like you I think, retired kind of, I get up when I wake up. Eat when I'm hungry, like yesterday family meal here, I sat it out as I'm not keen on salads and only had a few slices of ham all day and a cuppa. Today I will prolly have lunch, but no drama if I don't.
My routine is wednesday drinks with my friend somewhere we don't get annoyed.

Russ

A couple days ago I was reading an interview with a psychiatrist who said the brain lives from routines and you need to keep those even during a pandemic, regardless of you're employed or not. In our normal lives we have routines, and not keeping them makes the brain lazy and depressed.

Problem is, even when I am working a lot, there is no routine. I can be in five cities in four states in one week. I tried to imagine Tasty sitting in an airport in California, with no plane ticket, waiting for a phone call telling him where he is going next -- another city, or home. :hyper:

So, I have more of a routine now than I did before Covid -- not a good routine, and the pay sucks, but it is a routine.

I do have a pretty regular clothing routine. Wear what I slept in, unless I have to go somewhere. :okay:

CD

Problem is, even when I am working a lot, there is no routine. I can be in five cities in four states in one week. I tried to imagine Tasty sitting in an airport in California, with no plane ticket, waiting for a phone call telling him where he is going next -- another city, or home.

So, I have more of a routine now than I did before Covid -- not a good routine, and the pay sucks, but it is a routine.

I do have a pretty regular clothing routine. Wear what I slept in, unless I have to go somewhere. :okay:

CD
I'd love sitting at an airport not knowing where I'd be next 😄

I'd love sitting at an airport not knowing where I'd be next 😄
Me too, as long as it wasn't for toooooo long. I hate being stuck for more than a few hours in an airport (and of course not during the pandemic).

But it used to be more fun to travel than it has been for the past 20 years. I remember when there was minimal security and people could breeze on past. You were allowed to have tweezers, razors, etc. and full sized bottles of hair products in your carry-on luggage. I actually remember when people used to smoke on planes and they had regular meals served on most flights. The food wasn't great...and I hated the secondhand smoke, but I didn't have to take off my shoes, jacket, empty pockets, and possibly get patted down by some woman with bigger shoulders than my husband's.

A couple days ago I was reading an interview with a psychiatrist who said the brain lives from routines and you need to keep those even during a pandemic, regardless of you're employed or not. In our normal lives we have routines, and not keeping them makes the brain lazy and depressed.
I make a cup of tea and do the dishes every morning, does that count as routine? :D

Me too, as long as it wasn't for toooooo long. I hate being stuck for more than a few hours in an airport (and of course not during the pandemic).

But it used to be more fun to travel than it has been for the past 20 years. I remember when there was minimal security and people could breeze on past. You were allowed to have tweezers, razors, etc. and full sized bottles of hair products in your carry-on luggage. I actually remember when people used to smoke on planes and they had regular meals served on most flights. The food wasn't great...and I hated the secondhand smoke, but I didn't have to take off my shoes, jacket, empty pockets, and possibly get patted down by some woman with bigger shoulders than my husband's.
I was not around at the time when airports and flying were more careless, but I still love being in airports, I love seeing the planes and the people coming and going. When I started traveling alone, I'd have a plan for what I wanted to do and stick to it, in my last trips I became more and more adventurous and spontaneous, just go with the flow and do whatever I felt like at the moment.

I was not around at the time when airports and flying were more careless, but I still love being in airports, I love seeing the planes and the people coming and going. When I started traveling alone, I'd have a plan for what I wanted to do and stick to it, in my last trips I became more and more adventurous and spontaneous, just go with the flow and do whatever I felt like at the moment.
Yes, you were too young (or not even born yet) at the time. I do admire your ability for spontaneity. I always had a travel plan. I'd love the opportunity to be more adventurous. I do think people watching is fascinating, and I love planes.

I still think one day you should get your pilot's license. It would be perfect for you, even if it was just a hobby.

I was not around at the time when airports and flying were more careless, but I still love being in airports, I love seeing the planes and the people coming and going.

You clearly have not spent any time in LaGuardia Airport in NYC.

CD

Went to the office to get my laptop replaced, which finally gave me an opportunity to dress nicely :happy:
158412158_711853972839013_2446570432402650611_n.jpg

Went to the office to get my laptop replaced, which finally gave me an opportunity to dress nicely :happy:
View attachment 58720
You're so cute! That's a great choice for going from Winter to Spring, too. It's a little of both.

I'm shades of blue and grey today:

Alas, I'm not leaving the house, so the jacket and the scarf...back in the closet. :(

Sharp eyes will also note that I made a slice in the side of my finger last night. The funny thing is, I was cutting an onion at an awkward angle, and just before it happened, I thought, "A fella could cut himself doing this." :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom