What can you make with cold leftover chips (french fries)?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
4:21 AM
In another post @oddduck mentioned that leftover french fries were usually thrown away. Now I have to say that I don't often end up with leftover chips the following day - but surely there must be something inventive one could do with them? Any ideas?

Spread them out on a wire tray and blast chill them in the freezer for 20 mins, or a couple of hours in the fridge. Then re fry them briefly in very hot oil. They should come out nice and crispy - I do this routinely when cooking chips. I guess there is a limit on how many times you could do this before they become burnt.

Spread them out on a wire tray and blast chill them in the freezer for 20 mins, or a couple of hours in the fridge. Then re fry them briefly in very hot oil. They should come out nice and crispy - I do this routinely when cooking chips. I guess there is a limit on how many times you could do this before they become burnt.

Top tip!

I am not sure how much posting privileges I have yet, so I dont want to add to many links or photos in the early stages of my forum membership. But I just saw a recipe for baked chili fries. The key ingredient would be bacon - (cooked and crumbled), Shredded cheddar cheese, and some buttermilk ranch dressing and a few chopped chives on top.

So with that receipe, you don't have to worry if the potatoes are a little soggy.
You can also add any other seasonings that you may bring out the flavor you are looking for that day.

Re-toasted to be used in a poutine (covered in beef gravy and squeaky cheese curds).

Since they're gonna get sauced, it doesn't matter how perfect they are.

Back
Top Bottom