What did you cook or eat today, (January 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some tasty looking food in those pictures. I'm just finishing off my breakfast here - cornflakes with milk and a little sugar, followed by scrambled egg on toast, all washed down with a cup of peppermint tea. Hubby and I were out at a dinner last night. It was at a venue about an hour's drive from here, with windy roads to get there. He had turkey and ham plus trimmings and I had beef plus trimmings. He couldn't eat all of his - he said the turkey and ham were too dry and he could have done without the mashed potato they gave him. Other people who got the turkey and ham option said there was too much food on their plate. I managed to finish mine. For dessert I had apple tart and custard - my favourite when dining out. For starters we both had vegetable broth.

Gillian

Some tasty looking food in those pictures. I'm just finishing off my breakfast here - cornflakes with milk and a little sugar, followed by scrambled egg on toast, all washed down with a cup of peppermint tea. Hubby and I were out at a dinner last night. It was at a venue about an hour's drive from here, with windy roads to get there. He had turkey and ham plus trimmings and I had beef plus trimmings. He couldn't eat all of his - he said the turkey and ham were too dry and he could have done without the mashed potato they gave him. Other people who got the turkey and ham option said there was too much food on their plate. I managed to finish mine. For dessert I had apple tart and custard - my favourite when dining out. For starters we both had vegetable broth.

Gillian

Does sound very filling - especially with soup first and apple tart to follow! I suppose your husband could have asked for extra gravy - I've done that many a time when eating roast dinners in restaurants.

It's still too hot to cook really but I was in bed unwell, so hubby put the oven on very briefly .the extractor fan was on full .luckily it was overcast for much of the morning and only reached 35C today.

So the lentil salad I had thrown together was put with some lettuce, snow peas, chips and something from the freezer for protein (extra protein that is. 2 pieces have 14g of protein in them which combined with the lentils and black beans in the salad ,plus our lunches about 50g protein, and the snacks that are protein rich ,that makes just enough for the day, just. ..)

_20190127_222634.JPG

I cannot imagine the feast we'd all have if we (ALL) ever gathered in the same place and cooked. It would have to be a worthy kitchen and worthy appliances and tools too.

My contribution would be from my outdoor smokers/grills.

If I lived near a decent chippie I don't think I'd even consider cooking my own fish and chips (I never did in UK). However, when I was there last decent chippies were few and far between.

We rarely have a take away but yesterday we didn't have a choice.

I keep dreaming about finny haddock sandwiches.

Should I see a doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom