What did you cook or eat today, (January 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are in the summer months down there now. Wish to God that it was us!!! :wink:
Yep, hopefully the worst is passed us now 44-45C. Typically this next week is a more sensible 38C! Still too hot but hopefully within the next couple of weeks it will be back to sensible figures until winter and -10C! It's the sear range of temperature that is hard to handle even during a single 24hr period we can go from +40C down to 12-15C sometimes in a matter of 10 minutes we can go from 35C down to 15C as a storm front comes in (that happened to us this week ,no rain mind you but a 20C drop in 10ish minutes.

This looks good. It may seem odd to you but I'd never heard of Taco soup (I'm a Brit, you see) - I have now learned that its a soup composed of similar ingredients to those used inside a taco: ground beef, tomatoes, chopped green chilis, olives, onions, corn, beans and seasoning. Obvious really!

This looks good. It may seem odd to you but I'd never heard of Taco soup (I'm a Brit, you see) - I have now learned that its a soup composed of similar ingredients to those used inside a taco: ground beef, tomatoes, chopped green chilis, olives, onions, corn, beans and seasoning. Obvious really!

I believe Americans can make soup out of just about any dish. There is also a hamburger/cheeseburger soup. As well, there's black bean soup and black bean chili as well, which can both be made vegetarian/vegan. I think Craig posted the chili recipe. I'll have to look.

Yep. Black bean chili

Pot roasted pheasant with carrots, onion, garlic, turnip, sage, juniper berries, thyme, rosemary and white wine. This is prior to cooking but with pheasant browned. Once cooked the juices are strained off and brandy added then reduced and thickened with a little cream.

fullsizeoutput_40fe.jpeg

Pot roasted pheasant with carrots, onion, garlic, turnip, sage, juniper berries, thyme, rosemary and white wine. This is prior to cooking but with pheasant browned. Once cooked the juices are strained off and brandy added then reduced and thickened with a little cream.

View attachment 22125

I've never eaten pheasant, closest was a duck I shot myself years ago. Lots of lead pallets. First and last,lol. Yours looks beautiful.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom