What did you cook or eat today, (January 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooked full English today for family, last day today so it wa a treat. In saying that we've had it about .4 times this break,lol. Home tomorrow. Back to my own kitchen.

Russ

We had some water chestnuts given yesterday. They were very, very tasty. It seems a shame to add them to a chop suey and not just eat them as a snack. However my wife went shopping this afternoon and found mushrooms, snow peas, bok choi, capsicum, bamboo shoots and bean sprouts. (We have chicken in the freezer).

So it has got to be done!

Pictures tomorrow.

Tonight was prawn wontons with spring onions and shed loads of black pepper.

And dipping bread!

1 s.jpg

2 s.jpg

Our dinner last night was one of our old standbys, tricolor rotini pasta with mild and hot Italian sausage, onions, mushrooms, garlic, zucchini, diced or stewed canned tomatoes, with a bit of basil and beef broth, topped with grated parm.

We had some water chestnuts given yesterday. They were very, very tasty. It seems a shame to add them to a chop suey and not just eat them as a snack. However my wife went shopping this afternoon and found mushrooms, snow peas, bok choi, capsicum, bamboo shoots and bean sprouts. (We have chicken in the freezer).

So it has got to be done!

Pictures tomorrow.

Oooo. One of my favorites, moo goo gai pan.

This was today's chop suey......

1 s.jpg

2 s.jpg

I actually managed about 80% of that dish with the chopsticks. The garden peas eventually had me buggered and I went to get a spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom