What did you cook or eat today, (January 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, my thoughts too. I think it is just a variation. Can you think of anything different that would make this a classic coq au vin?
Language wise coq au vin = chicken in wine, no?

We had a Cookalong for Coq au Vin a while back which was very interesting and contains some recipes, explanations and links -https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/new-feature-the-cookingbites-cookalong-coq-au-vin.9449/ - but yes, I think yours is a coq au vin really. Did you marinate the chicken in wine?

Collard greens ramen, a fusion dish. It was very good.

2019-01-09 18.30.05.jpg

I'm sadly without dinner photos - I did make some potato rissoles (mashed potato coated in breadcrumbs and garlic powder) - but that was the extent of my culinary adventures today. Served with baked beans and fried egg. Kid's food!

Hopefully tomorrow I will get back on track...

I'm sadly without dinner photos - I did make some potato rissoles (mashed potato coated in breadcrumbs and garlic powder) - but that was the extent of my culinary adventures today. Served with baked beans and fried egg. Kid's food!

Hopefully tomorrow I will get back on track...

I went simple yesterday too. Well not me, but the food.
Did a simple grilled bacon chop, chips (fries
) and baked beans.

I went simple yesterday too. Well not me, but the food.
Did a simple grilled bacon chop, chips (fries
) and baked beans.

I cannot remember the last time that I had a bacon chop. I've never seen them here (and obviously not in Malaysia).

Although this is a decent alternative....

7 s.jpg

Pork loin wrapped in bacon and roasted.

Re-heated some more of the chop suey this evening.

It was still crisp.

Obviously except for the chicken.

And the garden peas.

And the mushrooms.

Still tasted good.

3 s.jpg

[Edit: And I decided to stay with the spoon and forget the chopsticks]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom