What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
5:26 AM
Each month, we start a new thread called "What did you cook/eat today?" Tell what you have cooked or eaten on that day. As simple as that. The thread is simply to show what you have prepared and/or eaten because it varies so much from person to person and from country to country. Feel free to also cover any meal or snack that you have eaten during the day. If you have a photo, no matter what the quality, that would be great.

This thread is not for recipes. If you want to post a recipe (which would be great!) please write it up separately and post it as a new thread in the relevant section.

My third attempt at quesadilla. It's improving, but very slowly.

quesadilla p2 1 s.jpg

quesadilla p2 3 s.jpg

Attachments

• quesadilla p2 1 s.jpg
    quesadilla p2 1 s.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 296
Chinese pork (not sure which sauce yet), fried squash (cut twice as thick as last night) and cabbage cooked some way or other. May need a recipe.

My third attempt at quesadilla. It's improving, but very slowly.

View attachment 6092

View attachment 6093
If you are still leaking, the problem is you are putting in too much filling. (Not necessarily a bad thing.)
Cooked chicken works great in them too. Though I must say I have not seen salsa actually put in a quesadilla before. It is served on the side around these parts.

Very good the escalops! I usually use veal for them. How you will prepare? Lemon? Or with mushrooms?
For my cutlet I used chicken meat.
I bash them out thinly and then coat in flour, egg, breadcrumbs seasoned with lemon zest, salt, pepper. I haven't decided on a sauce to go with them yet!

I bash them out thinly and then coat in flour, egg, breadcrumbs seasoned with lemon zest, salt, pepper. I haven't decided on a sauce to go with them yet!

Greedy! So do you fry them? As cutlets? Here the escalops are cooked in another way. I often serve up with cutlets some rocket salad or lettuce or cherry tomatoes..maybe for sauce what do you think about a cucumber and yogurt sauce? I think that sometimes is better to balance a fresh side with strong taste or fried.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom