What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
4:01 PM
Each month, we start a new thread called "What did you cook/eat today?" Tell what you have cooked or eaten on that day. As simple as that. The thread is simply to show what you have prepared and/or eaten because it varies so much from person to person and from country to country. Feel free to also cover any meal or snack that you have eaten during the day.

Cabbage two ways, boiled and leftover from the cabbage rolls. Broke up the ground beef and poured some pasta sauce over it. Then added some Parmesan cheese. It is in the slow cooker.

Unfortunately, that is accurate. The kitchen is scheduled to go in about one month....When you live in a small town with no good restaurants, that's a lot of crappy take out, paper plates and Rolaids...
I would happily cook enough for your and your GF, too, but you'd have to pick up. We don't have passports and are restricted to our side of the line. :wave: Hope everything goes more smoothly than you anticipate.

Most of supper was not leftovers, but I did re-purpose the grilled chicken for dinner salads. Lots of veggie goodies strewn over a bed of romaine and iceberg lettuce, topped with a dwindling supply of my favorite pre-made champagne vinaigrette. And an always-topped-off glass of iced tea. This one is from loose tea given to me by my niece from her trip to Hawaii.

20170630_213844.jpg

I'm a little embarrassed to upload this now... I cooked these earlier in the week. We finished them off today.
View attachment 8627
@MypinchofItaly your olive oil biscuits (after my oven had murdered them)... The larger one was the best, it was a dry as the smaller two.

No matter how they look...it's the first time you make them but they don't look so bad..how was the taste? Anyway molto brava :bravo:
Were them also filled?

No matter how they look...it's the first time you make them but they don't look so bad..how was the taste? Anyway molto brava :bravo:
Were them also filled?
they didn't live very long... :whistling: The ones filled with the rather solid raspberry jam sold here worked better than the lumps of chocolate I used in some of the others. So raspberry jam will be what the next batch will be filled with. I did have to use some water to hold the 2 sides or 2 disks together. they won't stick closed or together otherwise.

Lunch out yesterday at the same place that I had the disappointing burger last week. Glad I gave it another chance:
IMG_1644.JPG

Surf and turf sharing platter:
Whitebait and squid with tartare sauce.
Smoked Chicken Caesar salad.
Potted shrimps.
Battered pork belly with Thai sauce.
Sourdough multigrain bread.
It was very good.

they didn't live very long... :whistling: The ones filled with the rather solid raspberry jam sold here worked better than the lumps of chocolate I used in some of the others. So raspberry jam will be what the next batch will be filled with. I did have to use some water to hold the 2 sides or 2 disks together. they won't stick closed or together otherwise.

I love them filled with fruit jam..I'd like to try also with orange jam..anyway I'm glad you liked them...ancora brava!

Lunch out yesterday at the same place that I had the disappointing burger last week. Glad I gave it another chance:
View attachment 8630
Surf and turf sharing platter:
Whitebait and squid with tartare sauce.
Smoked Chicken Caesar salad.
Potted shrimps.
Battered pork belly with Thai sauce.
Sourdough multigrain bread.
It was very good.

That multigrain bread looks very good..was served warm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom