What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:10 PM
Each month, we start a new thread called "What did you cook/eat today?" Tell what you have cooked or eaten on that day. As simple as that. The thread is simply to show what you have prepared and/or eaten because it varies so much from person to person and from country to country. Feel free to also cover any meal or snack that you have eaten during the day.

Last edited:
I did indeed!

chili may 1 s.jpg

Yesterday I bought some trout fillets (reduced price) so I lightly grilled them to have today cold, alongside a new potato salad with olives, artichoke hearts and lamb's lettuce.

Tonight I cooked slow cooker gammon, mushy peas, gravy and Jersey Royals. I served it to others here but didn't eat it myself. I ate a poached egg on toast with some grilled tomatoes. I had a little bit of the gammon too, which was delicious.

I've been thinking about it. Not as silly as I first thought. Perhaps I'll drop one in the middle next time (I have another 12 portions in the freezer).
Personally, I think poached eggs can be added to most things (except desserts).

I've been thinking about it. Not as silly as I first thought. Perhaps I'll drop one in the middle next time (I have another 12 portions in the freezer).

That would be much like a Korean dish on several levels. First, it's spicy food, then a one dish meal with a starchy side, and then a raw egg plopped on top to cook into the residual heat.

Pork with a Cuban type salt, a little white wine vinegar and sweet chili sauce.
Scalloped potatoes. Recipe in a couple of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom