What did you cook or eat today (December 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2333.JPG

Dinner from that cool local joint across the street from our hotel in Phoenix ... really love this place ... super cool vibe, neat residential neighborhood we're in. Eventually we'll eat everything on the menu!
Caesar Salad with grilled Salmon fillet and Greek style Salad with grilled Chicken ... I added a Flourless Chocolate Cake to the take out order, and it came with a huge scoop of lovely Vanilla Ice Cream ... DH was happy (I let him have the entire thing) ... I got a glass of white wine as take out for my appetizer :D

View attachment 93140
Dinner from that cool local joint across the street from our hotel in Phoenix ... really love this place ... super cool vibe, neat residential neighborhood we're in. Eventually we'll eat everything on the menu!
Caesar Salad with grilled Salmon fillet and Greek style Salad with grilled Chicken ... I added a Flourless Chocolate Cake to the take out order, and it came with a huge scoop of lovely Vanilla Ice Cream ... DH was happy (I let him have the entire thing) ... I got a glass of white wine as take out for my appetizer :D

Are you staying in Phoenix, or one of the other large suburbs, like Scottsdale? I am usually in Scottsdale. I have one customer in Phoenix, but it is a sketchy area full of warehouses and manufacturing facilities, so I get a hotel in Scottsdale. I sometimes wonder if Scottsdale is larger than Phoenix.

CD

Playing the eating alone game again. I got my portions completely wrong but it was just as well because the pie was awful. Too much like meat and gravy which is unusual for this company, so one taste and the rest was thrown.

So my evening meal was 4 vegan quorn nuggets, a portion of sweet potato fries, a portion of broccolini, a large portion of mushrooms and a large portion of onions.

I haven’t had much time to cook lately, but that hasn't stopped me from eating. I visited my mom in Omaha last week, and we went to an excellent Korean restaurant.

Even though they're a Korean restaurant, they also served excellent sushi:

I ordered the pork bibimbap, which normally isn't served with an egg. But, I needed my egg, so I added one:

If you can, open the video I created so you can hear the sizzle of the rice in the bowl:

My mom got beef bulgogi, which was excellent, except for the giant oval-shaped bone in the middle of each slice:

My mom got beef bulgogi, which was excellent, except for the giant oval-shaped bone in the middle of each slice:

View attachment 93186

That's a flanken cut of beef short rib. It is cut across the grain of the meat so it can be cooked hot and fast and still be tender. Other cuts of short rib need to be cooked low and slow for two to three hours.

That cut is used a lot in Korean BBQ. It is tasty, but kind of hard to eat around the bones.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom