What did you cook/eat today (January 2020)?

I'll have to try that as well, though I'm fairly certain I've tried something like that in the past. There are about 1,849,426,201 ways to get the "perfect" soft-boiled egg, and I think I've tried half of them, and have gotten it right about half the time. :)

I do the same thing, but cover it from the start. It's a variant on the way Julia Child cooked eggs. Never had a fail and you never get the green rim.

I do the same thing, but cover it from the start. It's a variant on the way Julia Child cooked eggs. Never had a fail and you never get the green rim.
To be clear, hard-boiled I have zero issue with, 100% success rate. It's the soft-boiled ones I mess up about half the time.

Roasted chicken the Cook's Country method, high heat for a little over half of cooking time, then turn off the oven and let it finish cooking. Came out good, moist meat, Craig's breast piece was perfect. Pan sauce with roasted lemon juice, thyme and shallot. Tricolor potatoes steamed, then cooked in oven woth some of the chicken drippings. Brussel sprouts steamed, then finished with pecorino romano and lemon zest.

Last edited:
I believe Aldi was in the USA before it came to the UK. I didn't know this until quite recently when I noticed some of our US members mention it. Trader Joes is owned by Aldi too, I think.

Nowt near me then?

Back
Top Bottom