What did you cook/eat today (January 2020)?

Sous vide cooked lamb, under broiler when it was done. Next time, I'll shorten the cooking time a bit and set the temp a few degrees lower, but it came out so tender. Steamed, then roasted potatoes and carrots.

Last edited:
Cassoulet à la saucisse de Toulouse with buttered and thymed potatoes (thymed to perfection) … a good filling dinner on a cold, wet and windy evening

View attachment 36777

Looks a filling and tasty dinner indeed. And Cassoulet sounds a bit like Milanese Casseoula that involves Savoy cabbage and pork parts, sausages too. I’ll make it sooner or later, but it’s a very demanding dish - it takes almost two days cooking

I'm meant to make carbonara tonight, just realized I'm out of eggs, which makes me feel like I've failed at life. :(

Backup plan would be to do the meat pies and mushy peas, but I'm supposed to soak the dried peas with the little tablet for 12 hours, so I could do the pies, but not the peas...and looking at my menu, I just realized I forgot to make the street corn salad to go with the stuffed tortillas yesterday, something I frequently forget to do, so I think I'm making that, but, jeez, meat pies really need mushy peas on the side, or it's just not the same.

I'm meant to make carbonara tonight, just realized I'm out of eggs, which makes me feel like I've failed at life. :(

Backup plan would be to do the meat pies and mushy peas, but I'm supposed to soak the dried peas with the little tablet for 12 hours, so I could do the pies, but not the peas...and looking at my menu, I just realized I forgot to make the street corn salad to go with the stuffed tortillas yesterday, something I frequently forget to do, so I think I'm making that, but, jeez, meat pies really need mushy peas on the side, or it's just not the same.
I use frozen or tinned peas.

Russ

I use frozen or tinned peas.

Russ
I don't have either at the moment, because I was planning on using the British ones I bought from the international market.

I had decided on meat pies with creamed corn, that sort of goes together, then realized by the time I'm done with the pies, it'll be nearly 7:30 in the PM, and we don't eat that late.

Looks like burgers and fries from the local bar and grille. I'm ok with that. :)

I don't have either at the moment, because I was planning on using the British ones I bought from the international market.

I had decided on meat pies with creamed corn, that sort of goes together, then realized by the time I'm done with the pies, it'll be nearly 7:30 in the PM, and we don't eat that late.

Looks like burgers and fries from the local bar and grille. I'm ok with that. :)

Nothing wrong with burger and fries, in fact I will prolly be having that for dinner, wife's out, daughters out. Yum.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom