What did you cook/eat today (January 2020)?

Egg and spicy tomato sauce on spinach flatbread.

We went out to our favorite high end Italian restaurant. It's a once or twice a year thing because we go all out and it's not inexpensive. First, the wine, and we also ended up ordering and drinking 2 bottles of San Pellegrino water.

Antipasti was a special 0f braised octopus with olives, capers, teardrop peppers over arugula, and a cold cut plate of bresaola, prosciutto, speck, salami and mortadella, with a bread basket of a Tuscan bread, grissini and cracker bread.

Pasta course was speck and porcini with a thyme and butter sauce over freshly made linguini. We shared an order of that.

Main was a wild boar ragu with a black truffle polenta cake. We ended up taking most of that home because we both felt so full.

I REALLY wanted dessert so we had tirmisu and double espressos. Complimentary limoncello after.

Last edited:
We went out to our favorite high end Italian restaurant. It's a once or twice a year thing because we go all out and it's not inexpensive. First, the wine, and we also ended up ordering and drinking 2 bottles of San Pellegrino water.
View attachment 37031
Antipasti was a special 0f braised octopus with olives, capers, teardrop peppers over arugula, and a cold cut plate of bresaola, prosciutto, speck, salami and mortadella, with a bread basket of a Tuscan bread, grissini and cracker bread.
View attachment 37032
View attachment 37033

Pasta course was speck and porcini with a thyme and butter sauce over freshly made linguini. We shared an order of that.

View attachment 37034
Main was a wild boar ragu with a black truffle polenta cake. We ended up taking most of that home because we both felt so full.

View attachment 37035
I REALLY wanted dessert so we had tirmisu and double espressos. Complimentary limoncello after.

View attachment 37036
You live well medtran49 !!

Russ

Last edited:
Both the cheeses look very good.
Hubby is now home and has given me the thumbs up for the new cheese, the boursin replacement. Despite using the virgin coconut oil rather than the refined coconut oil I've been unable to purchase locally, he tells me that he can't taste to coconut oil. Normally he can when I've used it in the past. He went back for seconds of it at lunch and actually asked if he could use it on his sandwiches for work!

That is a good cheeses from the same blog now. I might just try their steamed rice cheese now. I have been looking at it fora while now but would probably need to buy a bamboo insert for my steamer to do so. I have a metal insert, it just doesn't give me the confidence that for this cheese, it will work.

Back
Top Bottom