What did you cook or eat today (July 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
7:45 PM
Each month, we start a new thread called "What did you cook/eat today?"

Tell what you have cooked or eaten on that day. As simple as that. The thread is simply to show what you have prepared and/or eaten because it varies so much from person to person and from country to country. Feel free to cover any snack that you have eaten during the day.

And we love to see photos if you have them.

A pretty blue boiled egg:

fullsizeoutput_3612.jpeg

A rare fillet steak (with roast potatoes, fried tomatoes, Chinese cabbage, béchamel sauce and English mustard).

4 s.jpg

(70 seconds + 60 seconds)

0 s.jpg

I've had no end of trouble capturing an image of these cocktails today. The sky was overcast so I concentrated on outside shots. As the preparation was cold anyway, I had plenty of time. However, I just couldn't get it right (with or without polarising filter).

2 s.jpg

6 s.jpg

7 s.jpg

I've had no end of trouble capturing an image of these cocktails today. The sky was overcast so I concentrated on outside shots. As the preparation was cold anyway, I had plenty of time. However, I just couldn't get it right (with or without polarising filter).

Well it looks delicious to me!

Two pizzas, crusts made with no-knead pizza dough, drizzled with garlic olive oil, cheese layer of fresh moz, fontina and parm. One topped with fig jam, prosciutto, and bits of gorgonzola. The other topped with crawfish tails seasoned with some blackening spice, homemade andouille, thin sliced red onion, roasted red bell strips, and drizzled with a sauce of apricot preserves, cider vinegar, sriracha, and red pepper flakes. I know the second one sounds a bit odd, but it's really, really good with the spice and the sweet/sour of the drizzling sauce.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two pizzas, crusts made with no-knead pizza dough, drizzled with garlic olive oil, cheese layer of fresh moz, fontina and parm. One topped with fig jam, prosciutto, and bits of gorgonzola. The other topped with crawfish tails seasoned with some blackening spice, homemade andouille, thin sliced red onion, roasted red bell strips, and drizzled with a sauce of apricot preserves, cider vinegar, sriracha, and red pepper flakes. I know the second one sounds a bit odd, but it's really, really good with the spice and the sweet/sour of the drizzling sauce.

They both sound dazzling! Wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom