What did you cook or eat today (June 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
6:51 AM
Freshwater prawn and smoked salmon salad with a couple of slices of bread.

Raided the freezer because I was busy most of the day and needed a hot lunch, baked potato with baked beans to survive the outside temp of 3°C all day (I was out in it from 7am until about 4pm). Actually it started off at 0°C but i was chopping wood at that stage... then 2hrs driving in awful conditions but hubby had a medical appt so I couldn't cancel it (otherwise I would have done).

Evening meal was freezer job, garam masala butternut squash soup with a veggie burger for evening meal.

No pictures, it wasn't that interesting but it filled a hole that needed filling. (Dieting in winter isn't fun! )

Some of the meals from my short holidays:

Grilled pork with fried potatoes and "bolo do caco" (sweet potato bread)
1654100690663.png

Pasta alla genovese
1654100731372.jpeg

Spaghetti with shrimp and cold hibiscus tea
1654100751038.png

1654100763572.png

Chicken roasted in lemon juice and sweet potatoes
1654100792191.png

Last night a friend and I went to a talk in the city at the UTS by Adam Liaw on Taste and how & why we developed salt, sour, bitter, sweet & umami. Very interesting.

Before the lecture we ate chicken schnitzel & chips at a pub across the road and afterwards we walked to Darling Harbour for gelato and a wander around part of the Vivid festival.

IMG_1726.JPG

Tonkatsu with the ever present steamed White Rice, my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, whatever). I made my own Katsu Sauce and Hot Japanese Mustard with Shoyu for dipping (I don't care for the sauce poured over the meat, it de-crunchifize the coating that I worked so hard at). Oh and some shredded Cabbage for more vegetables.
Shoyu and Furikake was added to the Rice after the glamour shot 🤭

Quick snap because I didn't want to be eating cold food.

The remaining Afghan Carrots with some sourdough toast and a little olive oil. I'm not getting enough oil at the moment, so need the extra (skin & eye problems with the onset of winter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom