What did you cook or eat today (June 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am home again, and on the way home husband brought me to the big M.
20230601_112358.jpg

20230601_112401.jpg

Am home again, and on the way home husband brought me to the big M.
View attachment 100718
View attachment 100719
In celebration of your quick recovery, I also had McD’s today:

IMG_4560.jpeg

I’ve mentioned how I’ve completely embraced the in-restaurant self-ordering kiosks…I’ve gone a step further and signed up with their app, which contains “daily deals.”

Today, I got a hamburger and large fries for $1.71 (including tax) - the fries were free. Yay!

In celebration of your quick recovery, I also had McD’s today:

View attachment 100727

I’ve mentioned how I’ve completely embraced the in-restaurant self-ordering kiosks…I’ve gone a step further and signed up with their app, which contains “daily deals.”

Today, I got a hamburger and large fries for $1.71 (including tax) - the fries were free. Yay!
Aww thank you for being happy that I am OK! :hug: sounds like a good deal!

My big Mac was very good today, clearly freshly made.

Vivid Festival is on in Sydney. It’s a winter festival where artists make all sorts of things that light up & some of it is interactive. This year there are also a bunch of ticketed events which is new. It meanders over 8km so I’ll do it over a few nights.

Smoking and American bbq is a THING here right now and so there’s a big demo kitchen with chefs from all over - some of the possibly still here from a recent bbq comp festival.

We had burgers. Smash burgers. Also a THING right now. What’s funny is when I worked in a Greek charcoal chicken place back in the 1990’s he used to prepare the meat, roll into balls and leave them in a tray, when a burger was ordered he would smash it flat on the grill, with a hand full of onions next to it, when he flipped it, he would put a slice of cheese on it and then put the grilled onions on top of the cheese. So I’m pretty sure that’s the very definition of a smash burger.

1B08B995-69A2-4ED1-8441-95AE7C0AB20E.jpeg

They were good and tasty but I still prefer a thick burger that’s a little pink in the middle.

Vivid Festival is on in Sydney. It’s a winter festival where artists make all sorts of things that light up & some of it is interactive. This year there are also a bunch of ticketed events which is new. It meanders over 8km so I’ll do it over a few nights.

Smoking and American bbq is a THING here right now and so there’s a big demo kitchen with chefs from all over - some of the possibly still here from a recent bbq comp festival.

We had burgers. Smash burgers. Also a THING right now. What’s funny is when I worked in a Greek charcoal chicken place back in the 1990’s he used to prepare the meat, roll into balls and leave them in a tray, when a burger was ordered he would smash it flat on the grill, with a hand full of onions next to it, when he flipped it, he would put a slice of cheese on it and then put the grilled onions on top of the cheese. So I’m pretty sure that’s the very definition of a smash burger.

View attachment 100737

They were good and tasty but I still prefer a thick burger that’s a little pink in the middle.

The smash-burger goes back to just after WWII in the US. They were originally a fast way to cook burgers for emerging fast food restaurants. Later, people realized that they had a lot of flavor do to the high ratio of Maillard reaction.

I love them. That's how I make them at home. I even have a heavy smash-burger spatula.

Ace Mart Restaurant Supply

CD

So capers and caper leaves... I'm write it up at some point this weekend, but hubby has already declared that I can make it again!

20230602_175018.jpg

20230602_181823.jpg

All the little green things are capers. I didn't have lima beans and hubby couldn't find and to buy any, so I switched out with white beans instead and dropped the cooking time accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom