What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just baked this breakfast cake made with Ricotta and Saffron

Glass noodles with courgette, carrot, beans, snow peas, Swiss chard, Pak Choy, bean sprouts & spring onions in a tamari, mirrin, rice wine vinegar, veggie stock & garlic sauce

An easy meal after the afternoon spent mending fences for a neighbour. But I think I'm going to work on the sauce because it lacked everything really... definitely an English version of something for people not used to spices and FLAVOUR.

Tomorrow's will be SNSSO'ed... watch this space

After my cuppa tea and coffee, I started out with a half "everything" bagel with cream cheese, red onion, capers, and peppered hot-smoked salmon. Then about 2 hours later I ate a bowl of leftover fried rice. Thinking about eating a piece of leftover pizza to tide me over until dinner.

YMCA today (and therefore, no pics)
A "Spanakopita" but made with sliced courgettes instead of spinach.
This week I discovered a Bulgarian Grocery in my home town. Yes, BULGARIAN!
(C´mon - name me ONE Bulgarian dish - without looking in google)
So anyway, I walked into the shop and asked if they´d got any feta cheese. Of course they had - but everything was in Bulgarian, so I didn´t understand. Found the feta, took it home, ate some - OMG what divine cheese!
Went back the next day to find phyllo pastry. Only £1.50 for 500 gms. Hence , the spanakopita variant!

YES!!
Down Bank St, turn left into Mill St, second or third shop on the left.
(PS. Brush up on your colloquial Bulgarian, learn sign language, or bring prompt cards)
:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom