What did you cook today April 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elawin

Guru
Local time
5:57 PM
Mod Edit: Each Month, we will start a new thread called "What did you cook today?"
It is for you write up what you have eaten on that day. As simple as that. The thread is simply to show what you have cooked and eaten because it varies so much from person to person and from country to country. Feel free to cover any meal or snack that you have eaten.

It is not for the recipe, that can be written up separately if you want to (which would be great) and if you have a picture/photo, not matter what the quality, of your plate of food, that would be fantastic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curry night tonight! Sauted onions and garlic with 3 heaped teaspoons turmeric, 1 heaped spoonful each of ground cumin, ground coriander and dried chilli put in a slow cooker (on its lowest setting) for about 8 hours with sliced potatoes, aubergine and courgettes and large, chopped carrot, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, a little black pepper, 2 tablespoons of Branston pickle, and about 1 1/2 pints of freshly made lamb stock (bones from the leg of lamb I had at Easter, but any pale stock would do). Served up with plain boiled rice. Looked a bit pale when I first put it in the slow cooker but had "browned up" nicely by this morning. Had a taster at lunch time - delicious.

I have only cooked breakfast so far but I made scrambled eggs with a pinch of Himalayan pink salt, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper. I topped it with two small cuts of fresh mozzarella and diced tomatoes. For a side, I made lightly sauteed red kale in olive oil. I sprinkled kosher salt and black pepper on top. I removed the kale to a plate and topped with a mixed nut crumble. For the nut crumble, take your choice of nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans and cashews) and muddle together. Add a pinch of kosher salt and brown sugar. Continue to muddle until mixture is of a crumble texture, chunks are fine.

Today I cooked rigatoni with ground beef bolognese. I also prepared a squash, mushroom, and onion medley as a side.

Earlier in the day, I made rice and carrot pea soup. I had steamed rice and carrot-pea soup for lunch. I cooked rice in a rice cooker. Fried pea, carrot, onion, in a sauce pan, added tomato pure and water. I added spices and salt. After 10 minutes, soup was ready.

tonight making salmon packets 1 cup cooked white or brown rice, a 6 ounce salmon fillet seasoned with Mrs. Dash Caribbean Citrus seasoning, paper thin slices of red onion and fresh lemon laid on top, surrounded by either shredded carrots, asparagus, or broccoli. wrapped in foil and baked at 350 for 18 to 20 minutes. YUM!

I made slow cooker pork ribs today. I marinated them in soy sauce mixed with a dash of paprika, sea salt, pepper, chili, sugar and lemon juice. Afterwards, I threw them in the slow cooker on a low setting. I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the cut because the "butcher" hacked it into ugly pieces. I just wanted good looking ribs today. They are still in the slow cooker and I will be serving them for dinner. I will eat them with homemade fries and my boyfriend will eat them with white rice.

I made vegetable stir fry today. I cooked cauliflower, broccoli and carrot with garlic today. I might have over cooked it a bit because the broccoli was too soft but overall it's a good meal for me.

How about you. What did you cook today?

Nothing today because we had leftovers. On Sunday I made a very easy and tasty dish. I took a steak and cut it up in pieces and pan fried it in olive oil. In another pan I sautéed mushrooms in olive oil. I also made rice. Then I took some frozen mix vegetables and cooked in the microwave. I combined the cook steak, mix vegetables and the mushrooms. I added pepper and Emeril’s seasonings for hamburgers. I served the mix veggies, steak and mushrooms over the rice. I made big salad to go with this dish. It was very tasty. It was a pretty quick meal to make. I wish I took a picture for you guys to see.

I made vegetable stir fry today. I cooked cauliflower, broccoli and carrot with garlic today. I might have over cooked it a bit because the broccoli was too soft but overall it's a good meal for me.

How about you. What did you cook today?
Cooked a Coccinia grandis curry & pudina chutney for today meal.

Navratri fasts are going on in India. Today is the last day of fasting. During Navratri fasting, eating of grains is prohibited. So special Navratri food is cooked during these days. Today we have cooked potato curry and Kuttu ki poori for lunch.

For lunch, I made a dump pizza. I use the word dump because I used whatever ingredients I had lying around in the fridge to make the pizza, I used a lot of parmesan cheese too. It was yummy. I had to make two different pizzas because we have a toaster oven which makes tiny pizzas. I had ham, cheese and various toppings with pizza sauce and made my boyfriend a different one topped with copious amounts of pesto because he loves it.
pz.jpg
pz2.jpg

For lunch, I made a dump pizza. I use the word dump because I used whatever ingredients I had lying around in the fridge to make the pizza, I used a lot of parmesan cheese too. It was yummy. I had to make two different pizzas because we have a toaster oven which makes tiny pizzas. I had ham, cheese and various toppings with pizza sauce and made my boyfriend a different one topped with copious amounts of pesto because he loves it.
View attachment 2558 View attachment 2559

That.
Looks.
AMAZING! :hungry: I've never tried to make a pizza in a toaster oven--does it take much longer than it would in a standard oven?

Braised mince with potatoes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower tonight. Shared the meat with my dog and one of the cats, so fried some onion separately and folded it in at the end of cooking after I'd dished theirs up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom