What did you cook today June 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a look at that, I take it from some of the entries that they don't have to be anything that you have ever cooked or even eaten yourself, just something you have trawled off the internet?
Well yes... Its just a bit of fun and silliness really because, as you say, folk can copy and paste recipes without cooking them. But I always enter my own recipes and cook and photograph them. Sometimes I cook and photograph things that other people submit! For example: Guinness Chilli (revisited). Its not to be taken seriously, but I bet you stand a chance of winning.

The dish is just a generic North African/Spanish kind of thing, it works well with any kind of kebab or BBQ type meat, particularly lamb, with loads of mint through the salad.

I thought from the image that it was Black Smoked Ham as in the example here: http://www.emmettsham.co.uk/index.php?cat=61&page=
In fact, I've had Emmett's bookmarked for a long time - meaning to go there and try the ham! And in fact you mentioned the black treacle - so I guess it is similar. I was just wondering if @epicuric could get the black bacon in his neck of the woods. I can't!

I thought from the image that it was Black Smoked Ham as in the example here: http://www.emmettsham.co.uk/index.php?cat=61&page=
In fact, I've had Emmett's bookmarked for a long time - meaning to go there and try the ham! And in fact you mentioned the black treacle - so I guess it is similar. I was just wondering if @epicuric could get the black bacon in his neck of the woods. I can't!
Yes, a local butcher I use does his own bacon flavoured with black treacle. I will get some next time I go into town. But I really should cure some of my own... and it would be ready for the weekend after next if I start it off soon!

Today ill be making pasta with chicken sauce. Its going to taste nice.:thumbsup:

I made vegetable stir fry today. I cooked cauliflower, broccoli and carrot with garlic today. I might have over cooked it a bit because the broccoli was too soft but overall it's a good meal for me.

How about you. What did you cook today?
I am fasting today and in the early hours in the morning i cooked chicken curry before sunset. The chicken curry was very spicy and delicious. :)

I made up a tomato based sauce with yellow and black mustard seeds, tumeric, ground coriander, ground cumin, chilli, tamarind paste (made from the dates) chopped onion, tahini and pureed the lot. That was poured over a whole blanched cauliflower (blanched in tumeric and chilli powder). Then lot was then baked along with some tofu and chickpeas for 45 minutes at 200C. The remaining sauce was reheated with garden peas added and served with some wholemeal Lebanese bread. It will do tomorrow night as well! Tasty but I'm missing my asafoetida badly. Can't find anywhere selling it yet.

Chilli sans Carne!

Just the usual vegan variation which we have renamed. Made with soya protein it makes for a protein rich dish but I'm still struggling with the strength or lack of more precisely of the chilli here. Neither the hot chilli or the ref chillies we have purchased so far have been hot despite their claims. Time to visit some Thai supermarkets and see if theirs are hotter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom