What dishwasher detergent do you use in the dishwasher?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
5:32 PM
I received a new countertop dishwasher last week & was wondering what type of dishwasher detergent to use. Do you use regular or HE detergent? Which one is better? Back in the days when I had a portable machine, I used Cascade.

I use cascade. I didn't know there was HE detergent for dishwashers. I thought that was just for newer clothes washers.

CD

I use cascade. I didn't know there was HE detergent for dishwashers. I thought that was just for newer clothes washers.

CD

There may not be an HE detergent for dishwashers. I just assumed that there may have been one. Dishwashers seem to use the same amount of water. Mini machines may use less water. Even though there seems to be not much improvement, these machines look pretty much the same. :whistling:

We buy the powder for out dish washer. A small squirter bottle for stuff wife hand washes, crystal etc. I've used a lot of the squirted stuff mixed with water to rid myself of ants on my property.

Russ

I don't know what 'Cascade' is. I don't think we have that in the UK. I just use the cheapest option from Aldi which is less than a third of the price of the leading brands. Its 'all in one' so contains rinse aid.

Living on a septic tank, we have to ensure thay on the rare occasions that we use the dishwasher, the washer tablets are septic tank friendly. Very few appear to be so, so we use Earth Choice.

The same applies for washing dishes by hand. Our washing up liquid is also Earth Choice which is septic tank friendly. (And the same applies to the washing machine and clothes laundry as well. Again, Earth Choice. )

Back
Top Bottom