What do I do with all of these?

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
6:20 AM
I didn't expect to get quite so many or so quickly! Thank you dear! Got an e-mail about them being on special, so called Craig and told him that's what I wanted since I didn't get to go to dinner on my birthday.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

They smell so lovely. We'll either be having risotto (if I have the rice) or some kind of pasta dish for dinner tonight to start. Now, I'm really glad I had him pick up some gruyere cheese at the restaurant supply place, as there's a baked egg dish I absolutely love that uses truffles and gruyere so they are destined for that as well.

There's a gnocchi, crab and black truffle dish from Chef John Besh that we absolutely loved, I mean want to lick the sauce off the plate love, and we have some crab so that will probably be 1 dish as well, but it's a huge amount of work, so it won't be a weeknight dish for sure.

How absolutely fabulous. Once I get over my envy I'll try to suggest a few things.

They were really reasonable so I'd think they would be pretty reasonable for you too since you wouldn't have nearly as much air freight charge.

Ok I'm not savvy on truffles, how many and how much please? ive not seen much here in Chch. Although I first tried it on a meal in Wellington about 10 years ago. From memory it wasn't unpleasant! I know less is more!

Russ

Ok I'm not savvy on truffles, how many and how much please? ive not seen much here in Chch. Although I first tried it on a meal in Wellington about 10 years ago. From memory it wasn't unpleasant! I know less is more!

Russ

The big one was just shy of 2 ounces. The other three were 0.82 to 0.84 each on my scale. They are very heavy comparatively to others we have bought. I think they are very fresh. I told Craig I think we are going to wait a couple of days before we use anymore and let them ripen a bit. $64 USD. Other places are selling them for $20 per ounce plus overnight shipping. I checked just to see if it really was a special. The place we get them from is local for us. They especially cater to the mega yacht chefs that dock in marinas in Fort Lauderdale and southern Palm Beach.

Actually, with truffles, it's kind of more is more.

I had never grated truffles into a pasta sauce before, had just shaved over. It really brought out the flavor. They smell so good, a heady almost floral like smell. Drove the pugs crazy. They got to lick bowls after we were done.

The big one was just shy of 2 ounces. The other three were 0.82 to 0.84 each on my scale. They are very heavy comparatively to others we have bought. I think they are very fresh. I told Craig I think we are going to wait a couple of days before we use anymore and let them ripen a bit. $64 USD. Other places are selling them for $20 per ounce plus overnight shipping. I checked just to see if it really was a special. The place we get them from is local for us. They especially cater to the mega yacht chefs that dock in marinas in Fort Lauderdale and southern Palm Beach.

Actually, with truffles, it's kind of more is more.

I had never grated truffles into a pasta sauce before, had just shaved over. It really brought out the flavor. They smell so good, a heady almost floral like smell. Drove the pugs crazy. They got to lick bowls after we were done.

Thanks for reply, I know a lot more about them now. I'll keep an eye out here and get some if I see them. I don't do computer shopping.

Do you feed your pugs out of bowls you eat out of? My wife would go nuts if I did that!!
My daughters dog is sitting in the sun in front of me ATM. He has stainless bowls x2.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom