What do you do with your Red or Green Bell Peppers ?

Francesca

Local time
6:14 PM
Inspired by the upcoming Cooking Challenge using Peppers, I have been tossing the decision of Stuffed Red Bell Peppers with dill lemon scented Greek Rice & / or doing a Spanish Rataouille, called Pisto Manchego ..

Wast do you do with Red or Green Bells ?

FRANCESCAEDBELLPEPS20170909_102848.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...or indeed orange or yellow!

I am of the opinion (not shared by all) that there are two ways to eat bell peppers: crunchy (as in salad and stir-fry) or well cooked (as in stuffed peppers or roasted peppers). A lot of recipe tend to fall somewhere between the two and suggest adding peppers to a dish and cooking for say 10 mins thus ending up with semi cooked peppers (yuk!).

...or indeed orange or yellow!

I am of the opinion (not shared by all) that there are two ways to eat bell peppers: crunchy (as in salad and stir-fry) or well cooked (as in stuffed peppers or roasted peppers). A lot of recipe tend to fall somewhere between the two and suggest adding peppers to a dish and cooking for say 10 mins thus ending up with semi cooked peppers (yuk!).

@morning glory

I am veered to agree with you on profiles and textures ..

I love traditional Greek Salad and of course, stuffed peppers .. I also use as an ingredient in Ratouille. both French and Pisto Manchego and of course they are very tender ..

I am not too fond of anything semi cooked or over cooked ( never ) ..

Stir Fry: I received a Wok from my parents and have yet to use it as I had spent all of August and the 1st week of September travelling. However, I shall be
planning to use it and a dear friend in Phuket Island, Thailand had sent me some recipes and I would love to try them ..

Have a wonderful wkend ..

Back
Top Bottom