What do you put on your toast?

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
7:28 PM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
What are your favorite toppings or spreads when you make toast in the mornings? For me, I would probably say peanut butter is my main one. It's something that is always in our pantry as a staple. Sometimes I'll add honey with the PB for a sweeter kick, or sometimes I'll have strawberry jam. Savory wise, sometimes I'll have mashed avocado and pepper - it's delicious, and the healthy fats keep me full!

What about you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love either peanut butter or strawberry jam on toast, but not both together. I eat the peanut butter option more often, the strawberry jam is a treat.

To be honest, I put all sorts on toast. It really depends on what meal I am having it for.

It can range from tahini & date molasses, jam, peanut butter, cashew nut butter, humus, humus & caramelised onions, cashew nut cheese, sliced tofu, homemade bean pate, mushroom pate, eggs, humus & avocado, just avocado, salad...

I usually just put regular butter or cashew butter on my toast. However, sometimes when I have nutella in the house, it is something I crave from time to time and I'll have that on my toasted bread. The way it melts right on is just absolutely fabulous. I hear contradicting stories whether nutella is healthy for you or not. It likely has a lot of calories, but sometimes we all need that special treat.

I like to put cheese on my toast. Peanut butter is also a favorite along with strawberry jam.

I like just butter, or sometimes blueberry preserves. I don't request toast anymore though. I used to eat it with many toppings like peanut butter, honey any jam available.

I don't like anything sweet on my toast, particular jellies and jam. I love Nutella though, and can have it with toast no matter what time of the day it is.
If I'm too tired to to make something I usually just spread butter or place a cheese slice on the bread. But if I'm famished and in the mood for cooking, I top my toasts with crispy bullseyes (frying the underside to a crisp on high flame) and pepper, or chicken sausages cut into slices and placed across the bread. Mind you, I don't consider these light items anything close to sandwiches, despite the egg and chicken going in. Lol.

I don't like anything sweet on my toast, particular jellies and jam. I love Nutella though, and can have it with toast no matter what time of the day it is.
If I'm too tired to to make something I usually just spread butter or place a cheese slice on the bread. But if I'm famished and in the mood for cooking, I top my toasts with crispy bullseyes (frying the underside to a crisp on high flame) and pepper, or chicken sausages cut into slices and placed across the bread. Mind you, I don't consider these light items anything close to sandwiches, despite the egg and chicken going in. Lol.

i presume bulls eyes is bread dipped in egg and fried not actual eyes from a bull,or maybe a fried egg,as bulls eyes has a few meanings depends where you are in the world:eek:

Sweet things I would have to go for jam ,I like most jams,either a homemade soft fruit jam or bonne manman jam is the top jam for me good quality ,not to thick,interesting flavours,
Have speed at this website for their range
http://www.europafoodxb.com/brand/bonne_maman/?gclid=CPjV8aTHp8UCFSkGwwodDWwAtg&page=2
And of course unsalted butter
Oh they have that brand of jam here where I live too! My grandma used to home-make all her jam and it's the closest thing I've been able to find to home made! Delicious!!

Often, I'll simply put butter on my toast. It depends on how I'm feeling, and if I'm desiring anything in particular. Some days I'll have a craving and add cinnamon sugar. Lately, I've been having a poached egg on toast for breakfast almost every day. When I need a quick snack or light meal, sometimes I'll slather on some peanut butter with honey.

I love putting different kinds of jams on my toast. I love how I get that cold and sweet taste from the fresh fruit jams and then I taste the crunch and warm toast that just perfectly compliment each other. In times I don't feel like having jam, I opt for a simple route with just some butter and sugar. Basically, what I do is spread butter on the bread and sprinkle some sugar on top then I toast it. The sugar melts and mixes with the butter well and becomes this really simple and sweet toast that anyone can prepare at home!

I go through spells of Marmite-craving, then don't have it for weeks. An Australian friend introduced me to Vegemite a few years back - I must confess I wasn't expecting too much (dreadfully imperialist attitude!), but it wasn't too bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom