What do you use for cleaning inside your refrigerator?

Local time
3:38 PM
Cleaning the refrigerator is a job that I do not look forward to, but one that needs to be done every once in a while. Not only does the fridge itself have to be cleaned, but certain foodstuffs that we may have forgotten there also need to be thrown away.

What cleaner do you use for this job? I have always used baking soda for cleaning my fridge. Although it is mild, It does a very good cleaning job. I would put about a tablespoonful of baking soda in a large bowl, stir it around, and then use a dish rag for cleaning. When I am done, the fridge not only looks a lot cleaner, but smells fresh as well. Leaving a container in the fridge with a little baking soda can also keep the fridge smelling fresh for a while..

A week solution of washing up detergent for the elbow grease then dry and sanitizer spray leave for the contact time and then a kitchen towel to wipe over

Baking powder and water on the inside. Washing up liquid, used with a tooth brush on the door seals.

Baking powder and water on the inside. Washing up liquid, used with a tooth brush on the door seals.

This is the exact method that I use, and it works a treat. Plus it's stuff I always have on hand so it's not like I'm having to buy extra fancy cleaning supplies for it.

The baking powder seems to neutralize any funky smells too, which is handy!

You can also clean the exterior using a multisurface solution and paper towels i.e for enameled steel. For stainless steel use a Damp microfiber cloth with distilled white vinegar and rub in the direction of the grain. Through this way you will keep your fridge ever clean.

Baking powder and a little washing up liquid. It does the job a treat

This is exactly what I do too. I'm really not keen on using anti-bac sprays inside the fridge as, to me, the smell lingers and has you starting to believe that all your food will taste of Mr. Muscle. In general, I find that bicarb, washing up liquid and vinegar will get nearly anything clean.

This is exactly what I do too. I'm really not keen on using anti-bac sprays inside the fridge as, to me, the smell lingers and has you starting to believe that all your food will taste of Mr. Muscle. In general, I find that bicarb, washing up liquid and vinegar will get nearly anything clean.

Your right. I don't like the smell in the fridge after either.

I generally just use Fantastik, but I don't clean my fridge as often as I should. I also can't figure out how to remove the drawers on my fridge, and I definitely have some vegetable liquid underneath that needs to be cleaned up. :yuck:

We don't get a lot of spills on the shelves, thankfully, because I always find cold surfaces to be much harder to clean than room temperature surfaces.

I am using vinegar and baking soda for cleaning my refrigerator. Then wipe it with a clean cloth with dish washing liquid lemon flavor. Then for its final rinse a new clean cloth washed in water. Then lastly wipe it with a dry clean cloth. It is very tiring but after it is cleaned it smells good and looks very clean.

We use liquid dishwashing soap to clean the interior of our fridge. But we make it a point to wipe dry it off with wet towel before drying. And for maximum control of unpleasant odor, we put a piece of charcoal inside. That would absorb any odor that is inside. But when the fridge is real dirty, the odor cannot be controlled. We clean the interior of our fridge at least once every month. And I remember that we need to defrost every month as well. But now our fridge is a no-frost so no need for that chore.

I use bleach and water. If I am out of it, I use dish detergent. I love a clean fridge. I try to keep it clean so that I don't need to do a massive cleaning. If I see a spill, I go ahead and clean it then.

Back
Top Bottom