What do you usually eat for dinner?

isabbbela

Veteran
Local time
8:55 AM
I know each country have their own habits when it comes to meals. For example in Brazil, our breakfast is very simple and the main meal is lunch. At dinner it's varied. There are some people that eat a full meal while some will have some milk or a soup.
For me, I'm usually quite hungry at night, so it's hard to eat simple. Therefore I'll usually make a pasta, grill a fish to eat with some veggies, make pancakes or buy a sub or sandwich somewhere. My favorite place to buy sandwiches is Subway, which is affordable, healthy (ish) and really tasty!
I would like to know from you, what do you usually eat for dinner?

Rice for the carbohydrates, barbecue from the corner outside my boarding house for the protein. I usually only have the energy to cook for myself on weekends.

If the canteen across the street has something I like, stewed veggies, especially bitter gourd (well, I don't like it as a food but I like getting into the habit of eating it because it's such a healthy vegetable that I can feel it working), then I'll have that. Or, if they have fried tofu (agedashi tofu) with brown sauce or even just soy sauce and vinegar with some chopped onions.

I generally prefer pasta, but I don't like pre-packaged sauces and as mentioned don't usually have the energy during the week to make my own sauces. Bread is convenient enough that people think I prefer it, but I actually don't... I mean, I don't dislike it, but it's not my favorite staple.

If I could only find where I packed those oni-giri molds, I would be having those with tuna mayonnaise filling, every night!

On most nights, we try to have the basic American meal: a protein (usually chicken or beef and occasionally pork), a starch (bread or side of pasta) and a vegetable. That's a balanced meal in my book. Other nights, we will just have pasta or just have tacos. Simple is usually the route I take but I do like to experiment. After awhile though, those "experiments" became just another staple in my meal arsenal!

Breakfasts and lunches are usually light, but sometimes on the weekend we will have a heavy brunch and go light at dinner. Dinner used to be a protein, starch and veggie or salad. Recently we started experimenting a bit more so only one meal is somewhat typical. I try to at least once a week make an ethnic dish and another night a week try a new recipe.

We do not usually eat too much during dinner time for proper digestion before going to sleep. We had been practicing this for a long time ago.

My dinner changes usually from night to night, I cannot eating the same thing over and over. For a while it was 3-4 oz of meat, about 1/3 cup of brown rice or beans, and 1 cup of some kind of veggies. Recently it has been soups. Lots of chicken soup or vegetable soup, light sandwiches with either turkey or tuna, and salads. We have also been eating lots of veggies too. Sometimes we have tuna salad in celery stalks of cucumber cups and then another side of veggies or rice.

Back
Top Bottom