What do you usually eat with your burger? Fries, Onion Rings, Tater Tots?

There are two ways I eat burgers - with or without a bun. If its in a bun then I simply can't manage chips (fries) as well - too much carb. If its without a bun then fat chips (fries) are good, with French's mustard (a recent fad of mine) and some green salad. I don't eat burger very often: maybe three or four times a year at most. The best burger I ever ate was the only time I went to America - in Boston. Near you @Shermie! But it was so long ago I can't recall the name of the restaurant. I know it was supposed to be one of the best joints...

40378011_0_640x640-2.jpg

Are we including sliders? If so, I like onion strings on the side of sauteed onion and gorgonzola topped sliders. Nothing with Italian-American meatball sliders. I took the pork meatball Banh Mi mixture and turned it into slider patties. The sides actually go on top of the slider. Daikon and carrot slaw and cilantro leaves.

Are we including sliders? If so, I like onion strings on the side of sauteed onion and gorgonzola topped sliders. Nothing with Italian-American meatball sliders. I took the pork meatball Banh Mi mixture and turned it into slider patties. The sides actually go on top of the slider. Daikon and carrot slaw and cilantro leaves.

I am now at a loss.

I think @Yorky hasn't heard of 'sliders'. Its not a familiar term in the UK.

It's definitely not a familiar term in S.E. Asia. I even Googled it and was not much the wiser. And then there were sides. Sliders and sides. And it's late here.

Sorry, sliders are just small burgers. Some folks like their sides on the sandwich, like coleslaw on a pulled pork sandwich. You put an egg on your burger, which is unusual to most of us in the US.

Last edited:
Not necessarily the best but the one I remember distinctly. A diner somewhere between Galveston and Pasadena (not where the little old lady came from - the other one). It was covered with sliced pickled jalapeños.

Green chilis, like Hatch chilis, are very popular on burgers in the south west. In New Mexico, it is extremely popular. In Mexico, there is the "torta" which is a sandwich. The first thing that goes on the bread (French Influence) is usually a black bean paste.

Back
Top Bottom