What doesn't go with eggs?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:46 AM
We are very fond of our eggs on CookingBites - particularly drippy, runny fried eggs or creamy scramble. Personally I think most savoury dishes are only the better for the addition of an egg. Of course there may be exceptions but right now I can't think of one. Can you? We are talking savoury dishes here...

...I just thought that I wouldn't fancy chicken with eggs. Possibly egg fried rice with chicken is OK.

Khow pad gai is chicken fried rice and it normally arrives with a fried egg on top (I prefer to add my own egg on carry out as the restaurants tend to overcook them).

khow pad gai 1 s.jpg

Funnily enough khow pad kai is egg fried rice which doesn't usually arrive with an egg on top.

I've never tried eggs with mushy peas but it just doesn't sound right.

I think eggs are a perfect food. Who needs a sauce on a steak when you can top it with a poached egg or an over easy egg. Eggs any time of day. Boiled eggs in a seafood gumbo.

Boiled eggs added to gumbo goes back to the early days of Acadians in Louisiana. When meat or seafood were in short supply (war years) boiled eggs were added to gumbo for added protein.

Tough one. Roast dinner, shepherds/cottage pie, lamb generally I should think, no?

Eta. A quick Google and I see a Moroccan and an iraqi one-pot-dish of ground lamb/meatballs, tomato and egg.

Back
Top Bottom