What ethnic meals do you like to cook?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
8:14 AM
Ok guys & gals, what types of ethnic meals do you all like to cook? Which ones are your favorite nationality?

I usually like to throwdown on some pretty tasty ones, such as soul meals, BBQ meals, Puerto Rican, Italian, Chinese, Caribbean, Indian and plain ole American meals!!

What are your choices? :hungry:

Last edited:
I do like to make, and eat, Indian curries and some Chinese stir-fry dishes. My regular cooking is probably influenced mostly by Italian and traditional English cuisine. I've also tried some Middle Eastern dishes, which I like very much.

I make a lot of Italian food as well as Chinese food. I'm definitely trying to expand my horizons a bit in terms of ethnic food, but sometimes the ingredients it calls for are either unavailable in my immediate area or it's SUPER expensive :( And I haven't found a particular recipe I like or that I'm DYING to try yet so I have to keep hunting for a good one. I'd love to try and make Thai food though; my boyfriend LOVES Thai food :)

Traditional Puerto Rican Pasteles, but it cost more to make them here in New York compared to when i lived in Puerto Rico and could find most of the ingredients right in my own yard, or a neighbours yard! They are also very easy to make a vegetarian/vegan version of;

I typically swing between Asian, Mexican and Italian. Sometimes I'll dip into Spanish because years of Spanish class in high school opened up my taste buds to awesome stuff like tapas and paella. Once in a rare while I'll also whip up some German food because my mother lived in Germany for a long time before coming to the States.

I like Asian food, so Thai and Chinese, but I also like Italian food and like to experiment more with the sauces and also Mexican. I don't like it too spicy, but I like using refried beans and guacamole in dishes. As vegetarian it's easier to make it yourself and substitute what you like in them to give the meal more protein.

I personally like to cook Italian, however my husband has a taste for the more exotic. So, I often cook Indian and I even took a stab at Moroccan Bastilla once. My husband loved it, although for me it requires a more acquired taste. I'm surprised to have discovered that if I follow a good recipe to the tee, at least I don't have to totally love it to be able to cook it well.

Back
Top Bottom