What food do you refuse to cook?

firelily99

Veteran
Local time
11:18 AM
Do you have any food or dishes that you refuse to cook or even allow in your kitchen. For me it would easy be Brussels sprouts and pot roast. No way that they will ever be prepared in my home and no way will I ever eat them!

I don't have a specific food in mind, but anything with a super strong and long-lasting smell, I hate to cook in my home. I only like the smell of food when I'm cooking it and when I'm eating it. After I'm done, it makes me feel sick.

Cabbage. Smells disgusting. And tastes disgusting as well. Bleh
Yep, cabbage doesn't work for me either. I will eat some cabbage but it has to be in a soup or part of a dish. Generally I just can't get into it at all although I don't find it totally disgusting.

I refuse to cook shrimp or crabs because I detest the smell of seafood, and if I had to stand in front of the stove for hours smelling shellfish, I probably wouldn't even get past the middle part of the process and gag constantly.

Yep, cabbage doesn't work for me either. I will eat some cabbage but it has to be in a soup or part of a dish. Generally I just can't get into it at all although I don't find it totally disgusting.

I like cabbage, especially when my grandmother makes it, but the smell is just...I can't do it. I'm never actually at my grandmother's house while she's in the cooking process because I can't deal with that smell. Hers is typically part of a soup.

Cabbage, and its evil off spring Brussels sprouts, just do not react kindly with my olfactory senses. I would cook them for my parents but I would have to leave the kitchen and eventually the house once they were done. Both are real appetite killers for me.

Cabbage, and its evil off spring Brussels sprouts, just do not react kindly with my olfactory senses. I would cook them for my parents but I would have to leave the kitchen and eventually the house once they were done. Both are real appetite killers for me.

I wont throw cabbage or sprout water down the sink even. I take it outside and throw it I to the bushes well away from my house. Nasty stuff. And the smell lingers for at least 24 hours. Bleh.

Yes it does and the longer it lingers the worse that it smells. You just couldn't get me to eat those things even if my life hung in the balance!

I don't cook fish. I don't enjoy it and I never have so why would I waste my time trying to cook it?

I can understand not wanting to cook fish, the odor can linger for awhile. I love seafood and I love fish but at times I really don't want to deal with the smell of it. It doesn't seem as bad when the fish is really fresh.

Mushy peas ,can't stand the smell
And Andouillette ,makes my stomach turn,cheap and expensive should come with a health warning

I will not ever make Brussels sprouts. I cannot not do it, I had them once and gagged the entire time. Lima beans are another, I detest the mushy taste to them. Not sure why considering I can eat peas. Chili is another one that I and my husband cannot stand. The smell of it, the taste, even talks about it gives us the mouth sweats. We have eat had a bad experience with it and cannot eat it. Other than that we are not that picky.

Back
Top Bottom