What food do you refuse to pay full price for?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
6:40 AM
Admittedly, I am cheap in regards to food. Paying full price for something that'll be gone in a week feels wrong. However, some foods top the list of what I refuse to pay full price for more than others.

The main food for me is Top Ramen. I only purchase it in bulk and for pennies.

nike-sb-top-ramen-dunk-low-e28093-recession-pack06.jpg

I noticed they were selling these on Amazon, but they were way more than what they typically cost in the store - plus you have to pay shipping on top of it all. I was kind of surprised people would even go through the trouble and expense of buying these online.

Personally I hate buying fresh herbs at the grocery store, because they charge an arm and a leg for them, and you only get a small amount. I get much better deals on them at farmers markets.

When I go shopping for food I spend most for the ones that does not easily get expired and which I can store and eat at a later date rather than buying which are only good for 2 or 3 days and then it is already expired and not yet eaten and you will just throw it and that is really a waste of money! Sometimes we should be a smart buyer and a wise spender. :)

I am cheap when it comes to food only when it's processed foods I don't care about. I don't mind, for example, spending a bit extra on salmon or good steaks. A food I never get unless it's on a sale is frozen burgers. I will only ever get them on sale, because it's such a junk food and unhealthy I can't justify buying it otherwise!

My food budget is quite limited at the moment so I do try to buy items which are on sale. However, if I want a certain item I will buy it for the full price... I'd rather pay the normal price than be left without it.

A better question for me would be "What food do you splurge on and pay full price for?"

I seriously don't pay full price for most things I buy. I shop on the sale cycle, and am annoyed when I need something that isn't on sale. When I do have to pay full price, I almost always go with the cheaper store-brand of something than the expensive brand names.

Back
Top Bottom