What food for your funeral/memorial service?

You gonna have those little watercress sandwiches? Maybe some coronation chicken?
Most likely cheese-and-(Branston)-pickle, egg mayonnaise (that’ll have cress on, erm, in it), and ham.

If “it” happens here, we already know who’ll do it. There’s a British couple in Dayton who own a proper tea cafe (none of this Victorian-themed pinkies-out BS that so many American tea shops strive for), and they do a fantastic no-nonsense afternoon tea.

MrsT will also have the same, she just doesn’t know it yet. :laugh:

The problem is, I will be dead and won't get to eat any of it. That's a major problem. I would rather have a funeral or memorial service while I am still alive so I can enjoy it!

At this stage my wife doesn't want to be buried. Our family 3 generation plots at a church in new Brighton chch.
My wifes family have their ashes buried under a rosebush after cremation.
She wants to be cremated and put with her parents. In kinda swinging that way too.
Food will be club Sammy's and sausage rolls.
My wifes funeral will be huge. Due to her job.
Me, I think it will be average. Food and booze supplied.
Sammy's and pastries are standard fare here.

Russ

At this stage my wife doesn't want to be buried. Our family 3 generation plots at a church in new Brighton chch.
My wifes family have their ashes buried under a rosebush after cremation.
She wants to be cremated and put with her parents. In kinda swinging that way too.
Food will be club Sammy's and sausage rolls.
My wifes funeral will be huge. Due to her job.
Me, I think it will be average. Food and booze supplied.
Sammy's and pastries are standard fare here.

Russ
I'm getting cremated for sure. My mother wanted to be cremated and told us 6 kids repeatedly, but she didn't have a will when she died to my 3 oldest siblings decided to bury her instead, even though they knew that she wanted to be cremated. Us 3 younger ones were pretty upset about that. But in Florida, in order for cremation to occur when there is no will, all 6 kids have to sign off on that. But not for burial, only 1 has to make that decision. Stupid.

I hate open casket services and I don't want my shell on display. I don't even really care about a memorial service--like I said, I want to be there while I am still alive!

I'm getting cremated for sure. My mother wanted to be cremated and told us 6 kids repeatedly, but she didn't have a will when she died to my 3 oldest siblings decided to bury her instead, even though they knew that she wanted to be cremated. Us 3 younger ones were pretty upset about that. But in Florida, in order for cremation to occur when there is no will, all 6 kids have to sign off on that. But not for burial, only 1 has to make that decision. Stupid.

I hate open casket services and I don't want my shell on display. I don't even really care about a memorial service--like I said, I want to be there while I am still alive!

I went and saw my grandparents open cask at the home. Closed for burial. I've never seen an open casket.

Russ

Both DH & I have it in our wills that we are to be cremated, no fuss, no muss.

DH wants me to "scatter" him with the ashes of our dear German Shepard, Vito, along the beach in Kailua Hawaii USA.

I will join them, after my party.
I want to blow it out!
I want our niece to sit my ashes atop the bar at Duke's in Waikiki Hawaii USA, on a Sunday while they have a great local band playing, buy the entire house (of totally random strangers) a round of drinks, make sure I have my glass of Wine, stay for the show and sun-set and then take me to the beach for sunrise the next morning (this gives her time to re-coup from the night before :D).

My Mother also wishes to be cremated and just drive real fast somewhere, anywhere, and "scatter" her out the car window.

Back
Top Bottom