What have you learned from this great cooking forum?

TodayInTheKitchen

Blitzinator
Local time
12:04 AM
Website
todayinthekitchen.com
I have only been a member on CookingBites for a relatively short time, but I have learned so much about cooking, ingredients, food photography, and international cuisines. Not to mention the amazing food discussions.

What have you learned?

Definitely different different cuisines - but most notably Southern style (Cajun etc), Mexican, Cuban. I knew a bit about them before but much more now.

The other thing which has completely changed the way I develop recipes and cook is the recipe challenge (and other challenges) - for example focussing on just one ingredient has really tested my creativity and led to lots of research in flavour pairings. I've certainly created numerous recipes which I would never have thought of previously by stretching the limits of what can be done with an ingredient.

I've also, in general learned a lot more about cooking in the USA.

Different cuisines from around the globe. Ingredients I had not heard of before. Cooking is always a new learning experience.

I learned @rascal has the same birthday as I do. Lol

24th as well, lol, I had a girlfriend at school with the same date as well. Didn't last long, lol. I often wonder what she's doing now!

Russ

Right now the most important thing I'm learning about is giving my baby chick physical therapy.

Oh, the food... I've seen a bunch of good foods I want to try, seeing recipes and ideas and concepts that can up my time in the kitchen. Though the saffron challenge is over, I figure there's every reason to challenge my self with that ingredient. Just for my own interest. (I think I'll go Persian.) I like that people around here are very interested in international cuisines.

Back
Top Bottom