What is a good seasoning for roast veg?

Mark87

Local time
7:09 AM
Roasting some potatoes, parsnip and carrots today just wondering how I can spuce them up

You could toss them in some dried herbs and olive oil - or add fresh herbs like thyme ot rosemary of you have any. Alternatively go down a spicy route and add some dried spices such as cumin seeds, turmeric, coriander, chilli.

Also - add some whole fat cloves of garlic (unpeeled). They roast along with the vegetables and then you can squeeze out the soft roasted garlic.

Last edited:
Lovely. I have a couple of those spices. Might throw on a bit of mixed herbs as I don't have much herbs

I thought you have said which season is good for roast veg. We are having an unusually sunny, warm spring day here in the midlands of England and I thought 'not now'!.

I love roast roots and agree with @morning glory on all her suggestions though not tried the garlic with parsnips before but have with potatoes and carrots and swede. I always throught parsnips were too sweet for garlic, but the caramelized garlic sounds a good fit.

And sorry, manners, I don't think I said Hi to you before so Hello and welcome :).

Hi Mark. Welcome.

A squeeze of fresh lemon juice doesn't hurt. I often use lemon pepper seasoning as well. You might serve them topped with lemon zest or freshly grated Parmesan cheese, but they're good on their own

I don't have time to look for the link. I posted a Moroccan spice blend that goes great with roasted veggies. Use the search function and you should be able to find it.

That Moroccan roasted butternut squash looks to die for. Although I heard butternut squash are notoriously difficult to cut up. Could I use diced frozen butternut squash?

We have a packet stuff here called coat n cook. Think it's flour based with additives, it's really nice for potatoes.
Note to self, I need to do this during the week.

Russ

Just making soup for work lunch tomorrow and have added some. Carrot, butternut squash and ginger soup. I have pernicious anaemia so anyway I can add vitamin b to my food works for me.

Back
Top Bottom