What is your favorite brand of cookware?

brutal37138

Veteran
Local time
4:24 AM
I can't say I have a favorite. I like the set of Revere Ware I have because it still looks like brand new even though I've had and used it regularly for well over ten years. I've had some T-fal pans but the non-stick coating scratches easily. Is there a brand that you have come to love?

T-fal used to be a good brand, but I bought one of those 4" inch one-egg pans and found that it scratched soon. Later I found another version of this same pan but in red color (and pricey) making me think that the other pan scratched because was probably an "economy" line but nope, this other scratched the same in no time.

So that, I'm actually using a Cuisinart stainless cookware set.

I have the Paula Deen Signature Porcelain set in the Pear color. I enjoy using the set. I was so fortunte that hubby bought it for me for Christmas last year. I really needed new pots and pans and I had wanted this particular set. I was a happy girl last Christmas!

I'm not sure who manufactures them, but I've been buying some of the Gordon Food Service brand pots and pans, and I've been very pleased with them so far. Their pans come in non stick or brushed metal, and they are very heavy duty - they need to be, they're intended for restaurant use. They're not decorative in any way, but I don't put my pans on display to begin with so that is not a problem. They can also withstand oven temperatures up to 450 degrees. Their baking sheets are great too because they are thick aluminum, which is sturdy (won't buckle or warp), but they are light as a feather.

We had the Tefal brand in all our cooking pans and pots but the test of time shows in the long run they easily scratched too. Right now we are looking for something that has a good quality even not coming from a famous brand and one that we can use for a lifetime in the kitchen.

I have to admit that I haven't paid any attention to the type of cookware I use. I think it's more to do with the fact that I'm living in what I consider to be a not-so-permanent apartment so I don't bother to equip it to the fullest.

Back
Top Bottom