What is your favorite cookbook?

The Aspertarian

Veteran
Local time
10:31 AM
What is the title (and author) of your favorite cook book? What do you like about it? What makes it 'the best' cookbook?

My favoirte book is "The Art of Mexican Cooking" by Diana Kennedy, who is really an authority in genuine Mexican cuisine.

It would be hard to mention just a single favorite recipe because I truly love all of them, but the recipe to prepare "Chile Relleno" is probably the one I really enjoy.

Peeling poblano chilis is not that easy though, and some ingredients may not be easily found in the USA, but most recipes can be adapted, if there is not a Mexican grocery store nearby your home.

I'm rather enjoying a vegetarian Indian cook book called "Mango Soup" which has loads of vegan indian meals made from scratch in it. The sort that need 18 different herbs/spices that you have to look up to know what the english equivalent name is...

Otherwise it is there is a series of Irish Vegetarian cafe books from a cafe/resturant called Cafe Paradiso (resturant is in Cork).
And currently one that is getting a lot of use is The Ultimate Uncheeze Cookbook

My favourite cook book is Rustie Lee- A Taste Of The Carribean, this book has all the carribean dishes in from drinks to desserts and I like the pictures of the food too.

I do not have a favorite cookbook. I only have them for my guide and reference for my cooking. I always have my own recipes that i am cooking all the time which are all been tested my me and my family.

My favorite cookbook is by America's Test Kitchen, and its an awesome cookbook, especially for beginning cooks. The chefs at America's test kitchen test each recipe in order to come up with the best way to cook/bake that recipe. There are tips spread throughout the book on how to do things: such as poach eggs, properly cream butter and sugar, make a tart crust, bread a chicken breast, blanch vegetables, and much more. The cookbook has pictures of what it looks like when something is done improperly, so you know when you've made a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom