What Is Your Favorite Nut?

doxie

Über Member
Local time
9:38 AM
I am totally crazy for nuts (pun intended).

I will eat almost any kind, but my favorite is walnuts. I like how I can eat them plain or put them in something simple, like ice cream or yogurt.

What's your favorite nut?

My favourite nuts are definitely peanuts. I used to eat them salted before, but since I have been trying to cut back on salt, I try to stay away from salted nuts. I also like peanut butter - the smooth one. Somehow I am not fond of the coarse peanut butter. In my opinion, butter should be soft. Cashew nuts are another favourite. I am not too fond of walnuts, mainly because they have to be cracked open first and I am not that adept at cracking them open. I have not tasted a walnut in a long time.

Almonds for me. I can eat them by the handfuls and you can season them in so many different ways. I currently like the spicy mesquite ones that you can find at the grocery store, but I will even eat them plain. My second favorite would have to be cashews because they are sweet and you can add them to Asian dishes.

I'm not s great fan of nuts (too many calories!), but if pushed, I'd have to say walnuts. I love that slightly bitter taste of the skin mixed with sweetness. But best of all are Kentish Cobnuts. A relative of the hazelnut and native here in the garden of England!

'Boiled' peanuts? What are they? I've never heard of boiled nuts...
LOL! they are a southern USA different delicacy. takes a bit of getting used to but OMG! so good! you take raw or green peanuts (same thing), and boil them in water with a lot of salt. they take about 2 to 4 hours or longer. you just let them simmer at a low boil. then every now and again you pull one out let it cool enough to handle and check to see if it is soft yet. once soft you check the salt amount if it's too salty you add more water and simmer for another 30 minutes. if they are not salty enough you add salt and simmer another 30 minutes. you really can't mess them up unless you burn them. LOL!

Here (Atlanta Georgia) you will see pickups pulling a trailer that has a large vat built into it. it's full of salted water and Loads of peanuts. they will park beside the road, or in a gas/petrol station lot and sell hot boiled peanuts right from that large vat! YUM!

pistachios and pecans are my favorites and coming up a close 3rd is boiled peanuts!

Do you happen to mean peanuts in shells that are steamed and you eat them by cracking them open?

Also mine is cashews and almonds! I have to consistently control how much of it I eat!

The question for me is what isn't my favorite peanut. I love all nuts. I even like them covered in chocolate as often as I can.

I am a fan of nuts too. I like all of them, but I too think I will go with the simple peanut as my very favorite. I grew up with them and like them. They do serve boiled peanuts around here too and sell them in the stores, I tried them once years ago and hated them so never tried again, but in one of the gas stations around here, they sell them spiced and hot like in a stew. I was thinking I should try it, just for the novelty. Maybe I would like it...I wonder if they have a sampler cup??:wink::p:

Do you happen to mean peanuts in shells that are steamed and you eat them by cracking them open?

Also mine is cashews and almonds! I have to consistently control how much of it I eat!

No, these are not steamed they are actually boiled. in heavily salted water. until they are soft. then you crack the shell open and eat the soft warm salty nut inside.

My favorite nuts are peanut, cashew and almond. I am really a lover of eating this kind of nuts and I always buy this and it is in my grocery lists all the time. I mixed them together in one container together with raisins and this is one kind of snack that I love to eat which is healthy.

No, these are not steamed they are actually boiled. in heavily salted water. until they are soft. then you crack the shell open and eat the soft warm salty nut inside.

I have never heard of boiling peanuts before. It sounds really similar to how we do it though, just they steam these and sell them in plastic bags. It's mostly a roadside/streetfood thing. They call it "roast" peanuts, since the steam they use is spiced with special wood and stuff.

Peanuts really bother my stomach so I don't eat them much but I do like almonds or cashews. They don't seem to bother my stomach. I don't eat a whole lot of nuts but I do enjoy them every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom