What is your favorite salad dressing?

Vickeree

Veteran
Local time
10:05 PM
I usually use olive oil. Now I've recently discovered the joy of dipping lettuce leaves in coconut oil, some turmeric and chia seeds:) I want to know which are your favorite and which salad dressing has the least amount of calories and carbs?

I have no clue about carbs or fat or anything like that, but I love a good Italian dressing. The sweet and sour combo is one of my favorites for salads. One thing you can do for an easy salad dressing is basically olive oil, some acid (so lemon juice or vinegar will do) and salt and pepper. It's never let me down before!

Olive oil , runny honey,rapeseed oil, white wine vinegar and coarse Dijon mustard ,
Use it every day!

For my cucumber salad I am using only white vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. For my vegetable salad I use mayo, mustard, sweet pickles relishes, salt and pepper to taste. For my zucchini, mushroom and bean sprouts salad I used sesame oil, sweet syrup, salt and chili pepper flakes to taste and sesame seeds. These are my favorite salad dressing.

I love a good blue cheese dressing. I prefer homemade to bottled versions. Occasionally, I'll find a good one in a restaurant and take some home, but I generally prefer to make my own. Since it's very fattening, I try to cut the fat at least a little by using more sour cream than mayonnaise and by thinning it a bit with low fat milk.

My favorite dressing used to be French dressing or Catalina. However, that eventually changed to Ranch when I started preffering smoother tastes on my salads. However, I think I've finally found something I like in Either Ranch dressing or Blue Cheese dressing being mixed together with dill seasoning for that bit of bite it has to it. Although, I'm not sure which of the current two I like more.

My favorite dressing is balsamic vinegarette. I also like Italian if it's not the creamy kind. If I'm at a restaurant I usually order oil and vinegar though.

I have no clue about carbs or fat or anything like that, but I love a good Italian dressing. The sweet and sour combo is one of my favorites for salads. One thing you can do for an easy salad dressing is basically olive oil, some acid (so lemon juice or vinegar will do) and salt and pepper. It's never let me down before!
the same for me, except from pepper that I use only in few salads...

Good old honey mustard is great for me, but I will play around with other things like ranch and anything garlic related. I used to make the mistake of experimenting when I saw new flavours come out in the supermarket, but I don't do that anymore and have been making my own stuff in between lately.
You'll have to call in the experts to talk about the carbs etc.

I like oil-based salad dressings more because it has reduced fat compared to those mayonaise-based like Ranch. I make my own dressing with olive oil, red wine reduction, honey, sesame seeds and the like. My dressing depends on my salad ingredients really so it's more salty when it's mostly fruits and sweeter when I have more cheese and lettuce on the plate.

Caesar's salad is my favorite vegetable salad particularly if there is the romaine lettuce. The crisp bacon gives the salad a different taste from an ordinary vegetable salad. Sometimes we finish 3 servings of Caesar's salad when we are in the restaurant, that 3 servings for me and my husband, hahahaaa. But if there is no Caesar's salad, I prefer the ranch dressing for an ordinary vegetable salad. Besides, ranch dressing is the easiest to make with ordinary vinegar and sugar.

My favorite is Honey Mustard Salad Dressing. Since I discovered this I use in on any type of salad that I eat.
I love the flavour of it. It is so good! I have tried others in the past that I liked and use to use like Catalina,
Russian or Sundried Tomato but now I am hooked on the Honey Mustard. Salads just don't take as good
without it!

I'm a huge Ranch fan. I do like a good Ceasar, Italian or Honey Mustard from time to time, but Ranch is my usual. I'm not a big fan of the thicker Ranch dressings though. I like the lighter kind. (Like Sonny's. Give me that any day!)

I used to dislike salads until I discovered a salad dressing that I like. When I eat salad, I only use Kewpie Dressing with the Roasted Sesame flavor. Kewpie is a Japanese brand of mayonnaise. They have the plain variety but I really like the taste and smell of the roasted sesame kind.

Back
Top Bottom