What is your favourite cooked green vegetable?

What is your favourite cooked green vegetable?

• Asparagus

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Broccoli

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Brussels Sprouts

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Cabbage

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Courgettes (Zucchini)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leeks

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Okra

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Peas

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Spinach

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
The most versatile is peas, I use these a lot. Second would be asparagus.
Most hated, easy kale along with quinoa.

Russ

Asparagus #1, lightly sauteed spinach #2, Brussels sprouts #3. Cabbage I like raw or cooked in Asian dishes, but otherwise, not so much. Broccoli is pretty good but it has to be tender and still bright green, but it gives my SO gas, so I tend to not cook it too often. I like green peas but they aren't my favourite for sure, probably because I ate them so much growing up. I detest okra.

The most versatile is peas, I use these a lot. Second would be asparagus.
Most hated, easy kale along with quinoa.

Russ
But quinoa is a grain, and a delicious one at that. Or did you just mean that you don't like quinoa and kale together? Kale isn't great but it's okay in a salad or in a soup.

But quinoa is a grain, and a delicious one at that. Or did you just mean that you don't like quinoa and kale together? Kale isn't great but it's okay in a salad or in a soup.

I hate both equally. Wife grew kale one year, we couldn't give it away!!

Russ

That's funny, there is a restaurant that has a chicken kale bowl with quinoa that I like a lot. But kale has to be very young so it's tender and needs dressing if consumed raw (IMO).

Asparagus, barely cooked. I prefer the skinny ones myself.

Okra, breaded and deep fried, Southern style.

Oh, for any confused Americans, courgettes are zucchini.

CD

1) cabbage 2) courgettes 3) peas.

This used to be different, but since having lost my colon these are the only things out of this list I can eat regularly without any trouble. Asparagus , leeks and broccoli are OK too but I rarely eat them.

Last edited:
Yes, the thick ones are woody.

Not the ones I get... I cut about an inch or so off the stem, that's all and peel the stem at the base (that's mainly for appearance). These were perfectly tender. I find the microwave cooks asparagus to perfection (3 mins).

Back
Top Bottom