What is your favourite soup recipe?

megankl

Veteran
Local time
1:26 PM
This is the time of the year where I LOVE to leave soups cooking in the crock pot all day long. There is nothing better for me then a nice hot bowl of soup while its cold and snowy outside. I am looking to try some new recipes so if you could post your favourite soup recipes I would be so happy to give the a try! :)

I love to cook pumpkin and eddoe soup. I usually add split peas or lentils to the soup along with the pumpkin and eddoes, both of which are mashed after being cooked, and then returned to the soup. My seasonings would be celery, onions, ginger, cayenne pepper and sometimes thyme. I also put pigtail in my soup. The meat I would usually use is chicken or lamb. As a side dish with the soup I would cook either sweet potatoes or breadfruit. I used to cook dumplings years ago, but not nowadays. So, that is my usual soup recipe.

I also put pigtail in my soup
what's pigtail please? In the UK it is when you bunch your hair up into pigtails (usually 2) one either side of the head....

Abby-Sciuto-bingimages.jpg like so.... :whistling: somehow I am guessing that is not what you mean, but you then go on to say
The meat I would usually use is chicken or lamb
which leaves me thinking it is not actually a pigs tail you are using...

what's pigtail please? In the UK it is when you bunch your hair up into pigtails (usually 2) one either side of the head....

Well actually it is a pig's tail that I am talking about. This helps to add a nice flavour to the soup. I would put about 2 pieces of pigtail in the soup. In this way, I would not add salt to the soup, since the pigtail is quite salty already. However, I still use chicken drumsticks or lamb in addition to this.

Back
Top Bottom