What is your one food weakness? What food can you simply not resist?

ChowDownBob

Supersize Me!
Local time
7:24 AM
For me it has to be chocolate. I have some chocolate at least once or twice a week, and I just love the taste and texture. Other foods do excite me and there are ingredients and meals that trump chocolate on occasion, but I don't hanker after them like I do chocolate and don't feel a need for them on a regular basis.

What's your one food weakness?

I would have to say chocolate is one of mine too, although I do not go out of my way to buy this regularly. However, if I do have chocolates around, like, for instance, at Christmas time, it is hard to resist the urge to eat them often. Otherwise, I would not say there are any foods that I am addicted to or that I must have. I will do without certain things as long as they are not around, so the trick to this is to avoid buying them except on rare occasions. Once we are aware that something is around or we have access to it, the more we crave it. Thankfully, however, I am able to resist the temptation to buy chocolates on a regular basis.

It certainly used to be chocolate until my (fatal) allergy to dairy developed which very quickly cured me of that one...

Now, it varies but at the moment it is probably tahini. I love it and can happily have it in anything with anything...

OK I lie, thinking about it it is seeded dates, not the crap ones that you buy from the supermarket that have no taste and are just sweet. the tasty, expensive ones that still have their stones in and cost something like £10/kg for the cheap ones! They are too die for....

Last edited:
For me it has to be chocolate. I have some chocolate at least once or twice a week, and I just love the taste and texture. Other foods do excite me and there are ingredients and meals that trump chocolate on occasion, but I don't hanker after them like I do chocolate and don't feel a need for them on a regular basis.

I'm so glad you consider this a food as many people I know don't. I eat chocolate nearly every day because I like it and I can. If I don't feel like eating chocolate then I know something is wrong with me!

I'm more of a chocolate cake person and chocolate bars, and they also make me a nicer person to be around as I am less grumpy!

It's either cake or chocolate for me. Chocolate cake is even better! I am not a fan of filled chocolate bars though and would rather have a simple block.

Chocolate seems to be winning. Chocolate for me, too; though our relationship is not as strong as it used to be, which I think is age related--one of the benefits of the change of life.

Though I really love chocolate too I tend to have more salty cravings. I love potatoes in any shape or form, French fries, chips, mashed potatoes, or sweet potatoes. I cut potatoes out of my diet for a while to lose weight and I was able to live without them, but now I'm eating them again from time to time and I can be quite dangerous around a bag of chips.

Potatoes. Hands down, it's potatoes. I love chocolate as much as the next person, but there are times where I can take it or leave it. When it comes to potatoes, I have to be careful not to eat them too much because all that starch is really not good for you. It's much better to binge on broccoli than fries, lol.

I am a foodie and as such there is more than food that i'm totally weak to and find it impossible to resist; i just can't say no to having a shrimp meal as i love it lots, breadfruit and potato salads is another must have for me, cakes and chocolate that's a different topic altogether. I mean life is for living so why not eat the foods that we like and do it moderately.

Well I would have to say salt is my weakness, and those indian snacks, which are high in salt. I've come a long way. I cut out all meat and diary from my diet, but I still have some issues that I need to fix.

Back
Top Bottom