What Is Your Quick Dinner

Pat

Veteran
Local time
12:10 PM
When I need to make a quick dinner I cook a pot of noodles, chop up some cooked chicken or turkey which ever we have available add a can of cream of mushroom soup to the noodles and meat. I will toast some garlic bread make a salad and dinner is ready. This can be done in less than 30 minutes.

What is your quick dinner?

My quick dinner is usually some kind of pasta with a store bought jar of sauce. Our current favorite is Emeril's Gaaahlic (that may be spelled incorrectly, but it's exaggerated like that on the label too!). We always have some kind of tortelli or raviolli in the freezer and usually have some ziti noodles in the pantry. It's easy to put together on a rushed weeknight. Every so often I'll throw some brocolli or carrots into the sauce just to feel like I'm adding at least a little bit of a healthy balance to the meal!

My quick dinner is something oftentimes "Breakfast" and dairy-based. Eggs and things of that nature are easily preparable. They finish in almost no time flat (eggs, scrambled or not ). Frenchtoast is another option that finishes really quickly. Barring that I'd say any box meals like complete meals (casseroles) and then home-made burgers and fries. They only take about 30ish minutes.

Ah, yes. I agree with Shimus too. We have breakfast for dinner many nights too. Sometimes to make it seem more like dinner, I'll slice up a link of kielbasa and mix it into our scrambled eggs. My kids, of course, would prefer pancakes and waffles multiple times a week, whether for breakfast or dinner!

My quick dinner usually is a salad. Just a nice and fresh green salad! I find it so easy and quick to throw together plus it always excites my taste buds with the different seasonings that I jazz it up with! I don't usually put any salad dressing in my salads either, I also prefer the vegetables raw that way they are crunchy. Yum!

I wish I had lettuce and things to make a salad at all times. Running a garden I really should but everyone else eats my ingredients as singular dishes or parts of others (tacos, burgers) and uses up my fresh green.

Makes me go :mad:

Pasta.
With chopped onions, tin of chopped tomatoes, random pepper, cougette, beans, or whatever, some chopped cooked meat like spam, hot dog, or ham, some herbs, and arrowroot (or corn flour) to thicken for the sauce.

Another good one that takes literally no time (5-10 minutes) are Chicken Quesadillas. They just take filling and then a quick toasting in the skillet (or maker) of your desire.

Lovely too.

You can speed up your pasta dishes even further by simply microwaving the pasta in a bowl of water for about 12 minutes. It eliminates the additional 10-15 minutes of waiting for a pot of water to come to a boil. Not all types of pastas work well with this technique - I generally recommend sturdier pastas such as Penne or Rigatoni, but Shells & Ditalini and Orzo work too. I would just avoid stuff like Angel Hair or Thin Spaghetti.

I would probably go with a pasta dish as well if I was in a hurry, but maybe saute some meat to go along with a quick pan sauce to make it more substantial. For example, I like to dice up boneless skinless chicken thighs, and saute with peppers, onions, and mushrooms, then pour in a jar of marinara and let it all simmer down into a thick stew like sauce before tossing it with cooked pasta.

Pasta is my quick dinner too. I just cook the pasta, add a jar of sauce and serve with a cheap garlic bread. Not always the healthiest option granted, butit;s great for those evenings where you are going out after work and only have around an hour to spend at home.

Pasta! I am obsessed with pasta, and a spaghetti or fettuccine are my go to if I want something fast! i don't like those noodles you buy at the supermarket and are ready in 3 minutes, why have those cooking for 3 minutes when a great pasta cooks in 8-10. It isn't such a larger time period to wait to be able to eat actual pasta. I'll add tomato sauce, some basil, sometimes garlic and onions, and cheese! it's ready and delicious in 10 minutes!

A salad is also a quick meal put some chopped chicken, cheese and on the lettuce and you have a meal. Often I will steam some veggies to go with the salad.

Quick dinners for us is hamburgers and fries or hot dogs and fries. It is easy and the kids love it. You can never go wrong with these choices. I usually use these meals for Friday nights. Everybody loves a Friday night meal.

If I have no time to cook dinner and it is already late at night my quick turnover would be.....omelet... egg with onion and tomatoes... I just spread mayo on my toast wheat bread and put my omelet.. its easy and it makes me full already...

Back
Top Bottom