What kind of dressing do you use on salads?

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
4:44 PM
I use olive oil which gives it a sweet aroma as well as a dreamy taste which dressing do you use?

I like the Italian dressing salad that is available under McCormick brand label.

Otherwise I like either olive oil with some lemon drops and salt to taste, or preparing my own vinaigrette adding aromatic herbs. In fact I have some in vinegar maceration for this purpose, being aware that come of them must be only added at the serving time to avoid a bitter flavor.

I make all my own dressings, but often use less obvious combinations. One that works well with bitter leaves or dark green leaves such as spinach/rocket/watercress etc is a mixture of extra virgin olive oil and tamari (a particular soy sauce).
I also make more creamy salad dressings from soaked cashew nuts which are then 'liquidised' along with lemon juice, nutritional yeast flakes, tahini, miso, mustard powder, garlic, onion powder and agave nectar which makes for a really nice & light salad dressing.

Most of the time I just use vinaigrette. I love the taste and it's obviously very light.

I am more partial to blue cheese dressing. Although, I have also used Ranch dressing on occaision as well. As for Vinegarette type dressings I have never really been too fond of these. Yes, I know these are on the lighter side and probably more healthier for you but I have never really develped a flavor for them. As for making my own dressin I have to say that I admire anyone who can do this, I have never had a knack for doing this myself.

I use either low fat mayonnaise or my own dressing, which is olive oil, lemon juice, a little sugar and some dry mustard. It goes really well with all salads, and it's low in calories as well. I also like my own marie rose dressing on prawn, tuna or salmon salad. It's equal quantities of low fat mayonnaise and ketchup, with a tablespoon each of lemon or lime juice and Worcestershire Sauce and a teaspoon of horseradish.

I use ranch and probably too much of it. I absolutely love ranch and was thankful I was able to try it on salad at my cousin's wedding. Haven't stopped using it for salads yet. Especially great when you mix in mushroom slices, sunflower seeds, and croutons.

I love ranch dressing on salads and several other foods as well. I am rather addicted to it. The more fattening it is the better it is!

I can never seem to make a good Italian Dressing from scratch, but one of my favorite bottled Italian Dressings is Marzetti's House Italian.

Otherwise it's usually Olive Oil and Red Wine Vinegar or Blue Cheese Dressing .

With salads that have shrimp or other seafood on them, I prefer French for some reason.

I love trying out different dressings, I don't often purchase the same dressing twice as a row. Some examples of my favorite dressings include Italian, Greek, French, blue cheese (now I'm craving blue cheese ha ha), avocado (discovered this one recently), light mayo, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. There's no way I'd ever eat a salad without dressing, even though they are meant to be healthier, dressing adds flavor which I could never go without.

My three favorite salad dressings are fat-free french dressing, low-fat italian dressing, and caesar salad dressing. It truthfully depends on my mood or what is on my salad.
For example, if I am adding grilled or boiled chicken to my salad, then I like to use italian or caesar salad dressing. I think it tastes better and makes for a good meal. If I am just having a salad as a side to my meal, then I like to use fat-free french dressing. I almost always use store boguht dressing. Mostly because I have never made my own. I do enjoy ranch dressing, but only on occassion.

I make my own salad dressing with a mixture of mayonnaise, all purpose cream, sweet tomato ketchup, pickles relish, grated cheese and salt and pepper to taste. I always love this kind of dressing for my vegetable salad.

I use white vinegar and olive oil. Simple yet very tasty and a staple in the Spanish household on side of a plate of beans and rice :)

I love French dressing, Italian, Ranch, and Lemon Poppy Seed. Not at the same time, lol. I put one on my salad whichever I'm in the mood for.

Lately I've been obsessed with Newman's Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing. Honestly it's so simple I should just make it myself (I sometimes do) but when I'm being lazy, I love having it around. It's basically just olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and some spices.

Back
Top Bottom