What kitchen toys did you get from Santa this Christmas?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
11:38 AM
Ok, y'all, was Santa good to you this year? What did you get? Whatever it is, I'm sure that it made you happy & glad!!

Got this cute little pie maker & a big giant Hershey's kiss from Santa!!! Plus a Hershey's cup with sugar cookies & little kisses!!

Last edited:
Yes, I think so, first because we cut back on the number of gifts, which made things easier, and a lot of what I got was cooking-related:

Two new ove-gloves
Cookbook from pizza whisperer Anthony Falco
Cooking torch
Danish dough whisk

Non-cooking gifts were a beer trivia game, an RFID wallet, and a book by David Sedaris (I'm in love with his sister Amy, BTW)

Yes, I think so, first because we cut back on the number of gifts, which made things easier, and a lot of what I got was cooking-related:

Two new ove-gloves
Cookbook from pizza whisperer Anthony Falco
Cooking torch
Danish dough whisk

Non-cooking gifts were a beer trivia game, an RFID wallet, and a book by David Sedaris (I'm in love with his sister Amy, BTW)

Nice gifts!! :whistling:

My santoku and nikiri knives arrive today. I'm waiting for Santa to deliver.

Santa has arrived.

No toys this year. Just some Hot Sauce from the Hot Ones channel. Mild, pretty hot, and the Last Dab XXX -- uses Pepper X, hotter than the Carolina reaper. :pepper:

All of their hot sauces have a reputation for good flavors, but Los Calientes (the middle one) is supposed to have a wonderful flavor.

1640658024576.jpeg

1640658089577.jpeg

CD

Last edited:
No toys this year. Just some Hot Sauce from the Hot Ones channel. Mild, pretty hot, and the Last Dab XXX -- uses Pepper X, hotter than the Carolina reaper. :pepper:

At of their hot sauces have a reputation for good flavors, but Los Calientes (the middle one) is supposed to have a wonderful flavor.
They look right up my street! Hot, spicy and tasty!
No gadgets for me; I don´t think I really need any, to be honest, but if I come across some ravioli presses, or something similar, I may just give myself a gift for "Dia de los Reyes" (Epiphany), which is when the 3 kings arrive (you know: Lion King, King Crab and Burger King).
What I did get was these wonderful tomes. Gonna take me about 5 years to get through the recipes - wonderful!

Hubby bought me a KitchenAid stand mixer as an early Christmas present, then I ordered the pastry paddle and metal food grinder attachments.

I bought myself a torch, stick blender, and mini food processor to replace my old one.

This year my two main cooking-related gifts were a cast iron tortilla press - which I've already tried out on some soft corn tacos...... its so much easier than using a rolling pin :D My tacos all came out perfectly round and a uniform thickness, next I need to try making flour tortillas. And a Cusinart rechargable salt and pepper mill - I've had my eye on this for a while now: I like the convenience of battery operated mills because you can use them one-handed, but they usually take 6 or 8 AAA batteries, and they don't last very long. This one sits on a charging stand so its always ready to go.

There were a couple of other things on my list - which I may just buy for myself at some point because I think they'd be very useful.

We also received an electric wine set as a joint gift - we'd seen these before Christmas and thought they were nice, but not something we'd usually buy. However its actually pretty good, and very easy to use.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom