What makes a perfect kitchen?

Saranak

Local time
7:48 PM
Ciao a tutti,

I wondering what all think makes perfect kitchen, is it high tech or tradition?
Mine is tradition I like know where everything is each cupboard have different thing. Knives on wall racks, pans hang from second ceiling rack. Workspace is in square shape, Sinks, counters where I work, fridge behind. With 10 burner range on Island in middle of all. Each place have different chopping board to prepare different thing, an then separate counter where I make pasta, breads or cakes. Each area have different herbs an some spice depending on what I make, fish, seafoods or meats I never prepare meats in same place I prepare fish. I have under counter racks for vegetable an fruit I keep most vegetable an fruit separate,
I like LED light as it seem better for me more white no yellow.
I have blender an mixer but that all, I have no other machine. I do have microwave but never use.
So what you think make perfect kitchen?

Sarana x

I'm the opposite of Saranak - I long to have a huge high tech kitchen. Actually the huge is more important than the tech. I suffer from a tiny galley kitchen with no space to have much on the work surface or much cupboard space. Consequently I don't own a food processor and a number of other gadgets. My stick blender is the most used gadget.

For me, style and space is important. I certainly don't hanker after a traditional farmhouse kitchen. I hate clutter of any sort and my dream kitchen would be more like a laboratory with large expanses of sleek uncluttered surfaces; a blank canvas on which to work. This is never likely to happen, by the way...

First, I think it comes down to organization. That's the biggest thing. Organize where things go, and organize your work flow.

After that, everything else is extra. Personally, I'd love to have a big kitchen with multiple work areas and lots of wall space for pots and pans, but average kitchens here aren't really set up that way, unfortunately.

Personally, I'd love to have a big kitchen with multiple work areas and lots of wall space for pots and pans, but average kitchens here aren't really set up that way, unfortunately.

I get the impression that American kitchens are usually much bigger than the average UK kitchen... is that not so? I go by photos I've seen - unless they are in apartments they seem quite large. Well, a lot larger than mine!

I get the impression that American kitchens are usually much bigger than the average UK kitchen... is that not so? I go by photos I've seen - unless they are in apartments they seem quite large. Well, a lot larger than mine!
Si MG all American kitchen I see seem very big.

Sarana x

I'll add that I'm neither opposed or in favor of hi-tech - if something works, I'll use it if I need it. I also don't like have a load of gadgets and appliances; I'm a minimalist that way.

As far as appliances go, I'd like to have a four-burner gas cooktop with a grill plate, two electric wall ovens, a normal-sized fridge, then the usual small appliances (food processor, stand mixer, etc.).

What I lack is space; specifically work area space.

Si MG all American kitchen I see seem very big.

Sarana x
I live in a one-level rambler/ranch house (depending on where you live), nothing special, very average, and my kitchen is very average as well, for a modest, middle-income family. It's not the kind of kitchen you'd ever see in a magazine spread.

Looking at the photo above, I have another four feet or so of counter space to the left of the sink, and that's it for work space. Floor space, it looks large, actual workspace, not so much, especially when you count the toaster and the coffee machine that sit out all the time.

I live in a one-level rambler/ranch house (depending on where you live), nothing special, very average, and my kitchen is very average as well, for a modest, middle-income family. It's not the kind of kitchen you'd ever see in a magazine spread.

Looking at the photo above, I have another four feet or so of counter space to the left of the sink, and that's it for work space. Floor space, it looks large, actual workspace, not so much, especially when you count the toaster and the coffee machine that sit out all the time.
Is strange how people get wrong idea because they see picture in magazine. When we move in house Ray have builder make extension for kitchen an conservatory unless have guests most of time we eat in kitchen or conservatory in summer, my kitchen 5 metre x 4 metre so is close square but half of two wall have double door one into lounge one into conservatory an single door at end to proper dining room.

Sarana x

So it is L shaped?

This is range I have we get from range cooker UK they base in Chester UK it model ILVE Roma 150 we get may be year ago. It big thing but I love. This not mine this from brochures, very easy control and clean. Fry top can remove.
Mine bit bashed now as I use it lot.

Sarana x

This is range I have we get from range cooker UK they base in Chester UK it model ILVE Roma 150 we get may be year ago. It big thing but I love. This not mine this from brochures, very easy control and clean. Fry top can remove.
Mine bit bashed now as I use it lot.

View attachment 39440

Sarana x
That is a beautiful piece of work. I'll have to post mine later.

Here's mine:

My range before this didn't have that storage/warmer drawer, but a small oven instead, which was great for side dishes, pizza, cookies, and general reheating. I really miss that.
It look good Reuben, I think Whirlpool good make. I be honest I can not imagine not have second oven.
Sarana x

Back
Top Bottom