What one fruit do you dislike the most?

Ellie

Local time
5:27 AM
I was reading an article yesterday that listed a number of things this person didn't like about x, y or z... It got me thinking. When I ate meat, I used to hate eating gammon. With fish and seafood it was sardines or more accurately still is, I can't stand even the smell of them. I can't name a vegetable I don't like, but with fruit that I have tried, it has to be fresh apricots. I just don't get them, they are mushy with little taste and just don't seem to have any flavour but it is their texture that does me in. Yuck.

So I was wondering, having eaten most fruit commonly available, what's the one fruit (not vegetable) that people dislike the most? Just one, mind you

Duck59

Guru
Local time
8:27 PM
Website
duckholiday.com
I can't say there are any fruits I truly dislike. I've come across some unusual ones in various parts of the world...possibly the wood apples I tried in Sri Lanka had the oddest taste, but I didn't mind them. I suppose if I had to pick something, I'd say tomatoes that are devoid of taste, which covers most of those you see in supermarkets. Other (and better) tomatoes are, however, available.

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I have to confess that there is a whole load of fruit I don't like ranging from bananas, to figs, to pineapple, to mulberries, to peaches, to raisins, sultanas and currants by themselves or in things (most of the time) I could probably add more to the list of I wanted to quite easily, but you get the picture.

Elawin

Veteran
Local time
I can't even touch the damn things. When I kept iguanas (who love eating bananas), I used to find an assistant in Tescos to choose some for me and put them in a plastic bag. She said it was surprising how many people used to ask them to do this, so I was obviously not alone - something which has been confirmed by some of the allergy sites I belong to!

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
I can't even touch the damn things. When I kept iguanas (who love eating bananas), I used to find an assistant in Tescos to choose some for me and put them in a plastic bag. She said it was surprising how many people used to ask them to do this, so I was obviously not alone - something which has been confirmed by some of the allergy sites I belong to!
@SatNavSaysStraightOn has strange things happen to het tongue if she eats them (hope you don't min me mentioning this @SatNavSaysStraightOn!). What happens to you @Elawin?

Guess I'm lucky as the only things that have an odd affect on me are mayo and taramasalata - both make me feel sick. No idea why as I can eat eggs and oil perfectly well!

Ellie

Local time
I think for me it is the pear. They seem so watery and often grainy when you eat them. I just don't get them at all.

toddhicks209

Local time
2:27 PM
It's likely bananas for me. I used to like them but then there came a point when I was a young kid where I began disliking their taste and eating them would make me throw up. I dislike their smell when I must throw away someone's peel.

Kake Lover

Über Member
Local time
Glace cherries. I only cut them in half for fruit cakes so I can easily pick them out.

winterybella

Veteran
Local time
3:27 PM
This is one of the threads that I might have to revisit. I am thinking long and hard and I can't seem to come up with a fruit that I really dislike. Maybe if I was presented with some I could give you my preference coming down the line. Maybe something will pop into my head when I least expect it.

Last edited:

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
This is one of the threads that I might have to revisit. I am thinking long and hard and I can't seem to up with a fruit that really dislike. Maybe if I was presented with some I could give you my preference coming down the line. Maybe something will pop into my head when I least expect it.

Do you like avocado? If not then we have found the one fruit... I'm not keen on it

Kake Lover

Über Member
Local time
This is one of the threads that I might have to revisit. I am thinking long and hard and I can't seem to up with a fruit that really dislike. Maybe if I was presented with some I could give you my preference coming down the line. Maybe something will pop into my head when I least expect it.

Ha! That's what I did. :p:

winterybella

Veteran
Local time
3:27 PM
Do you like avocado? If not then we have found the one fruit... I'm not keen on it
I love avocados. I wish they were available all year round. My mom has trees but presently they are bare. I actually never thought of avocado as a fruit. Around here here we call them pears interestingly enough. I am still trying to think of something I really dislike.

Top Bottom