What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those little ones. What are you going to do with them?

The last time I cooked some (aubergine curry) I ended up giving it away to a vegetarian. It was bland. My wife will cook these.

I agree. I cooked them too (once) and found the same. Maybe we don't know some secret?

We used to eat a decent Thai curry at a local restaurant (The Jungle (now defunct)). The only problem was that it contained pea aubergines which were not only tasteless but hard also. Easily removed and left at the edge of the plate though.

We used to eat a decent Thai curry at a local restaurant (The Jungle (now defunct)). The only problem was that it contained pea aubergines which were not only tasteless but hard also. Easily removed and left at the edge of the plate though.

What does your wife do with them?

Got six bottles of wine in the mail today. Long story short: I bought a gift for MrsT, and I found out later it included a discount on wine from NakedWines.com - and I ended up with six bottles for $40US.

We have them in the UK, and I generally I have been very impressed with them. Their Christmas selection arrived last week - 18 assorted bottles, plus a free bottle of gin and a free gift for £95, approx half price. Some decent bottles in there too. The free gift wasn't up to much though - stemless wine glasses. WTF - we call those tumblers, and serve whiskey in them.

Burt Blank - those aubergines are different from the ones Yorky has I think. His are pea aubergines (to small to stuff). In my experience they are very different from other aubergines and they remain quite hard when cooked.

Nice recipe though!

Correct. The ones in the image are not "pea" aubergines but other than their size, are very similar in taste (virtually none) and texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom