What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between regular cane sugar and powdered (confectioner's) sugar, is caster sugar. Caster sugar is finer grained than regular cane sugar, but powdered sugar is finely ground and is combined with corn starch to keep it from clumping up.

Our son bought last week a full fillet 2.8 kg for $60 he was here yesterday and told me as I put him onto my new halal butcher. He got 16 steaks or $3 each which is dirt cheap.

Russ

That half fillet was ฿450.00 (US$15.00)

I had a piece given a couple of weeks ago as a sample. It was chewy (which I prefer) and very tasty. I ate it pan fried in a burger bun.

We all cook differently, I leave mine in fridge for 3 to 4 days and cook blue. Normally melts
in the mouth. Never have I made a burger. I know looking at yours I need to try this.

Russ

Organic minced beef
Organic chicken breast
Organic salmon fillet
Organic braising/stewing lamb meat
Avocado
Cucumber
Bananas
Strawberries
Bell peppers
Sorrento lemons
Fresh jalapeno's
Saffron
Onions
Sesame bagels
Whole wheat bread
Puff pastry
Creme fraiche
Whole organic milk
Greek yoghurt
Red cheddar
Buffalo mozzarella
Organic eggs
Clotted cream
Tinned San Marzano tomato puree
Apple cider
Extra virgin olive oil (Greek)
Ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce)
Sambal badjak extra hot (fried chilli paste)
Custard bun (Japanese rice bun filled with custard)
White chocolate easter eggs

It's Mrs B's birthday on Saturday and she wants to have a spa day. So we are having her birthday dinner tomorrow night. Her choice was these two beautiful wild stiff fresh Guilt Head Bream. We also bought the ingredients for Bajadera torta bez percenja. The pic is what it should look like
1615462408905.png
1615462447930.png

For information....

The green peppercorns that we bought last week.

I used 25% in the peppercorn sauce and froze ⅔rds of that'

I froze 25% of the peppercorns vacuum packed.

I gave 25% away to a friend.

And I stored 25% in an airtight container in my spice cupboard. Within one week those had developed mould and had to be binned.

Bought some gluten-free bread just for a change and pitted cherries in syrup - I didn’t notice they are vegan and gluten-free too, something new to try. However I’m still a bit puzzled about them, didn’t think cherries can be vegan and/or gluten-free :scratchhead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom