What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restaurant Depot run.

1 pound of backfin lump crabmeat, which is a really good part of the crab, for $15.43. It is kept refrigerated.

Wild caught east coast shrimp, head on, 18-20 per pound, $5.39 a pound, 2.5 pounds. Some will get used tomorrow night with some of the crab. And I see NOLA barbecued shrimp in our near future.

Got a case of San Pellegrino water for $1.36 per bottle. And blood orange San Pellegrino cans for $0.72 per can. I like the plain water. Craig loves the blood orange water.

I tried preserving coriander leaf (not the stems) in water in the fridge. I have yet to check the status (it's been there 14 days now).

I tried preserving coriander leaf (not the stems) in water in the fridge. I have yet to check the status (it's been there 14 days now).
Oh yes, that is really good.
So do you think it would be better to besides cooking some today , I should cut the leaves and keep them in the fridge?
Rather than on plant?

I saw one leaf going a bit yellowy...

Cilantro (coriander plant) is hard to grow. It won't grow in my garden past early May. The summer heat kills it.

CD

So do you think it would be better to besides cooking some today , I should cut the leaves and keep them in the fridge?
Rather than on plant?

All of the leaves look a bit pale. That is usually a lack of nutrients. You also may need to re-pot it in a larger pot. It may be root-bound. A bigger pot and some plant food may really perk it up.

CD

All of the leaves look a bit pale. That is usually a lack of nutrients. You also may need to re-pot it in a larger pot. It may be root-bound.

CD
Yes, they do, you are right. The blinds are still down in the kitchen and it is not sunny which changes the light of course...but, yeah, they are crowwded in there...
Will get some earth and a bigger pot.
Can I add some apple peels or something to nourish them?
Will they regrow leaves after cutting?

Rather than on plant?

I'd leave them on the plant. Yorky buys his coriander ready cut hence his need to preserve it.

Morning Glory Fresh potted coriander. Bought it yesterday. Looks a bit sad, but I hope I can revive it.
It was on discount.

What I find strange are the gold glitter particles that fell out of the pot on the underpot plate when I watered it...🤔
View attachment 62128View attachment 62129

Did you buy this from a supermarket/food shop. The pots sold here in the supermarket don't tend to last very long. They are cultivated to bolt (grow fast). Water it from the saucer, not the top. It will then suck up the water it needs.

I'll try to get some of this stuff while I'm out today, but I know that most will have to wait til after the 1st of May.

Amaretto (if I can find it)
Annato Seeds
Bananas
Bread, Wheat
Bread Rolls, Sour Dough
Celery
Cheese, Cheddar, Extra Sharp
Cheese Feta
Cheese, Shredded Fiesta Blend
Cheese, Swiss
Cherries, Maraschino
Chicken Patties, Breaded
Clams, shelled, cherrystone
Crab Legs, King
Garlic
Honeydew Melon
Ice Cream, Vanilla Swiss Almond
Juice, Various
Lamb, Stewing
Mussels, New Zealand Green Lipped (if I can find them)
Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
Orange Juice
Oranges
Papaya
Pasta, Penne
Persimmons (if I can find them)
Pork, Stewing
Potatoes, Red
Potatoes, Russet
Sausages, Andouille
Shrimp, Butterfly, Breaded
Strawberries