What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More local purchases:

The selection of Twinings teas at home is hit or miss, and one of the grocery store I went in had a whole section just of Twinings, so I got some more.

I was looking for Tastkakes for caseydog and saw the Texas-made kielbasa, so it felt like the universe was telling me to buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
More local purchases:
View attachment 73387

The selection of Twinnings teas at home is hit or miss, and one of the grocery store I went in had a whole section just of Twinnings, so I got some more.

I was looking for Tastkakes for caseydog and saw the Texas-made kielbasa, so it felt like the universe was telling me to buy it.

I really need to try a few different flavours, I really love earl grey though,we also have English breakfast for my friend. I will check my local,shop in the weekend.

Russ

Niceee.
Quite some Twinnings teas available here too.
Kielbasa? Sounds very slavic. I wonder where the origins are.
It's a Polish word, and very, very easy to find here, all over the US. I'm pretty sure it's a generalized term, and the product can be quite varied in taste from maker to maker.

Kielbasa - Wikipedia

More local purchases:
View attachment 73387

The selection of Twinnings teas at home is hit or miss, and one of the grocery store I went in had a whole section just of Twinnings, so I got some more.

Holmes Smokehouse makes some pretty good smoked sausages. They are sold at most grocery stores here, including Kroger. They have a Pecan Smoked Pork/Beef sausage that I really like (you can also get just beef). I haven't seen the pre-sliced sausages in stores here, just whole sausages.

CD

I had to buy a leg of lamb for my daughters French partner, daughter asked me to get and I paid over the limit here as it’s a good size and halal.
Entree : chicken croquettes
Main : rotisserie charcoal lamb and a chicken for the kids.

So I got that and called into a bakery for a family mince and cheese family pie. 800gms. This is for tonight’s dinner, pea pie and pud. With beetroot and sliced onion.
$6 cheap tea.

Russ

It's a Polish word, and very, very easy to find here, all over the US. I'm pretty sure it's a generalized term, and the product can be quite varied in taste from maker to maker.

Kielbasa - Wikipedia
Polish, they are indeed very varied, how interesting,thank you!
I honestly do not remember if I may have already been vegetarian at the time I studied in Poland. Those six months were amazing. And I sadly do not remember sausages...

Those massively stuffed pork chops caught my eye. How on earth is one supposed to cook them?

Those stuffed chops would have to be baked, I would think. The bone-in pork loin chops next to them look nice. My preferred cooking method for those is sous vide and seared.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom